2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having the confidence to ‘play’ (ie in a certain way) and not trying are absolutely not the same thing. We’re very much guilty of the first, I don’t believe we’re overly guilty of the second.I’m not saying every single one of them is giving it everything they’ve got but in general I don’t believe they’re lacking in effort, they’re just severely lacking in ability.

Disagree mate. Ability doesn't stop you being able to put a tackle in, to go 50/50 with someone, to jockey your man out wide and out if play etc.

Watch the 2nd goal, 4 players have a chance to put a good tackle in and all 4 decide against it, as well as 2 of them not tracking the runners properly.

That's nothing to do with ability, that is to do with effort and the bare minimum basics of football, the kind of basic lessons taught to school children or junior Sunday league sides

Are they lacking in ability? 100%
Are they lacking in effort? 100%

Disagree mate. Ability doesn't stop you being able to put a tackle in, to go 50/50 with someone, to jockey your man out wide and out if play etc.

Watch the 2nd goal, 4 players have a chance to put a good tackle in and all 4 decide against it, as well as 2 of them not tracking the runners properly.

That's nothing to do with ability, that is to do with effort and the bare minimum basics of football, the kind of basic lessons taught to school children or junior Sunday league sides

Fair enough, I think there’s more to it than that personally but I take your point.

Exactly, so what is the manager and his 5 lap dogs doing Monday to Friday

Exactly, so what is the manager and his 5 lap dogs doing Monday to Friday

Well for a start he doesn't have "lap dogs" with him. They're all well respected coaches and a good mix of youth and experience.

I'm sure he's trying his best to get things sorted as soon as possible. He's got 2 weeks now to really get the players knuckling down and try and get DCL and Gray fitness back up to scratch.

There were 6 players who started that game out of position today.
Coleman, Godfrey, Holgate, Kenny, Gordon & Richarlison.

As the season has shown us so far, they are not very good in position either

I don't blame Frank for everything, sure some mistakes but at this point in time you have to keep trying different ideas. The entire squad needs an overhaul and if we can stay up I would gladly take a mid table position next season if it meant get shifted the deadwood and got in players who leave it all out on the field

Some are saying online that the players could turn on Frank for what he said earlier, most of them have no right to down tools as they have not performed all season

I think some of it is lacking confidence and taking responsibility. coleman or Doucoure could have gave a foul from behind, killed the game in the midfield to nice. Godfrey is in two minds and can’t really go to forward or too backwards. But Keane has to commit cut he’s scared of zaha and gives him the option of crossing as he did 5 minutes earlier rather than trusting himself. I don’t think Holgates in a terrible position but Pickford has left most of the goal spare.

As the season has shown us so far, they are not very good in position either

I don't blame Frank for everything, sure some mistakes but at this point in time you have to keep trying different ideas. The entire squad needs an overhaul and if we can stay up I would gladly take a mid table position next season if it meant get shifted the deadwood and got in players who leave it all out on the field

Some are saying online that the players could turn on Frank for what he said earlier, most of them have no right to down tools as they have stolen a livin' all season with their performances

You wouldn't know the difference if they downed tools or not judging by some of the performances this season

I think some of it is lacking confidence and taking responsibility. coleman or Doucoure could have gave a foul from behind, killed the game in the midfield to nice. Godfrey is in two minds and can’t really go to forward or too backwards. But Keane has to commit cut he’s scared of zaha and gives him the option of crossing as he did 5 minutes earlier rather than trusting himself. I don’t think Holgates in a terrible position but Pickford has left most of the goal spare.

The only way confidence comes back though is maximum effort. Maximum effort means sooner or later results turn and so does the confidence.

Coleman, Doucoure, Keane and Holgate all play a huge part in that 2nd goal. They should be embarrassed because it's a continuous thing of players pulling out of tackles, or going in half arsed.

It's a lack of effort, it's a lack of professionalism.

Regardless what happens this season, every single one of these players has played their part in this failing and should be transfer listed.

These players deserve to be thrown under the bus. They deserve it at this point. The days of defending them are over.

They can only perform at home, against poorer opposition with the whole stadium pulling behind to the point where supporters are going home exhausted.

Sure you can blame the players publicly, but given what we've seen in the last few years (not just this year) I can't see the players reacting well. The players (just like us) probably are not happy with the management or tactics either.

I think it’s totally right to call them out, today was another day when the performances were unacceptable from many players. Also yes we can afford to replace many of them, I know FFP makes that difficult but some will be sold and make ok money. Total revamp needed.

Completely agree. Frank has only said today what thousands of GOT'ers have been saying on this form for the past eight years - basically since Roberto's 72-point season. How the players respond to being so publicly called out and ridiculed by their manager is going to be a judgement of the strength of their character.

Status
Not open for further replies.