2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you looked at Howe's first x amount of games as Newcastle boss it shows that it does take time for a coaches to bring in their ideas. We have to be patient and understand we are a work in progress, fingers crossed we get a few wins on the bounce and put relegation ideas to bed and then with less pressure start to implement the style.

This is a very important time for the club, if we stay up see Lampard as the ideal manager for what is to come. I fear that a couple of our better players will go this summer and that Frank will be given only about half of what they fetch, the rest of it going of our debt as the Iranian clown tries to balance the books. It will take a young progressive manager like him, who has the time and energy to build something long term, to get us back on an even keel.

We have our part to play in this, we must accept the position that we are in and be patient while a complete rebuild takes place, after which we should have a much younger more dynamic squad, but, it will take time, should we survive, we must give him that time.

I personally am pleased with our management set up and think we'll be good once we can breathe and let this season end. Happy he's positive without sounding bullshitty and talks well, he also understands how important Goodison and fan connection is, which is huge really after the last few seasons.

To even consider sacking Frank Lampard is madness irrespective of where we end up at the end of this season. Chopping and changing managers has put us in the position we are in. The club is a basket case, the owner and the Board have have brought a once great club to its knees. Frank is doing as well as can be expected given the players he has at his disposal, a combination of Alex Ferguson, Pep and Klipperty Klopp couldn't turn our squad into winners. Frank is a young manager with a good team around him but he is going to need time to change the club, he has to deal with an owner who thinks he knows football, a Board who are useless and operate in the transfer market with the Premier League looking over his shoulder. If Frank can keep us up this year he deserves a lot of credit, if he can improve us next season, maybe get us mid table he is a miracle worker.

Frank's got a hell of a lot to learn as a young manager but if he keeps us up it will be one steep bell curve and an impressive narrative on his CV, I think he's dynamic enough and intelligent enough to in time become a high level manager, I also think he's the reset / start a fresh manager we've needed for some considerable time now as a club, fingers crossed this result pushes us forward
Bell Curve implies he’ll start forgetting all the things he’s learned and end up rubbish in a hurry.

You don’t tend to hear of learning curves set out that way, but I suppose it comes to us all one day.

If we survive you have to stick with Frank and grow with him. No more manager merry go round, it's a big part of why we're in this mess.
I would go further and say we have to stick with him even if the worst happens. In a short space of time we have seen improvement and I do not believe we would have seen a performance like last night under the previous incumbent.

Today I am more optimistic that Frank will keep us up.

He gets stick over his formation/team selections at times but as I said with Benitez its difficult when you have a mish mash squad of players signed by numerous managers with varying styles.

Really hope he can pull some magic off on Sunday as thats make or break for our season. A semi final at wembley is just what the fans and players need.

Apparently Bill K gave the players a 30 minute pep talk before the game about 'What it is to be an Evertonian' invoking the boys pen, and all Bills usual stuff. Frank apparently liked the involvement of the chairman, saying the 'most chairmen just stay corporate' Job for life now Frank, if you want it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.