2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obviously we are all buzzing with the result. But the performance was really poor and it needs to improve. You can say 'it's not about performance', but we could have easily lost that today and if we had, we would be favourites to be relegated. We are still in massive danger both considering our away form and our remaining fixtures.

I'm not pleased with how we have played in our last 2 games. I do like Lampard as a person and he speaks well. But I still think he's making mistakes with tactics that leave us vulnerable. The club should not have been in the kind of position to feel so relieved with a result like this and Lampard still has lot to improve on.

Obviously we are all buzzing with the result. But the performance was really poor and it needs to improve. You can say 'it's not about performance', but we could have easily lost that today and if we had, we would be favourites to be relegated. We are still in massive danger both considering our away form and our remaining fixtures.

I'm not pleased with how we have played in our last 2 games. I do like Lampard as a person and he speaks well. But I still think he's making mistakes with tactics that leave us vulnerable. The club should not have been in the kind of position to feel so relieved with a result like this and Lampard still has lot to improve on.
Oh bah humbug.

Glad for the win but the performance was okay - good defensively. It depends if you able to appreciate the organisation of a defensive game. It's probably difficult to watch but I think we dealt well with corners and breakaway (on most occasion - BG recovering his sped helps)

We didn't attack well BUT we defended well. And I think with our squad, we really need 2 anchoring midfield to support our poor back 4. No coincidence we kept clean sheet when Allan & Doucs anchor deep. It's not the solution going forward but for now, I hope we stay organised at the back and do not concede cheap goals.

He deserved a change of luck. He’s kept working trying to play the right way. These players are probably the worst to manage in the entire league so to keep a clean sheet and have them still going with ten men in extra time is good going.

Just absolutely baffles me that when we’re down to ten there was more effort work rate and tackles going in than when we started the match. Doucoure Gray and Iwobi barely moved in the first half, yet as soon as we went to ten Coleman and Iwobi suddenly cranked it up and started getting near their men. Why can’t we do that as standard from the start of games?

He deserved a change of luck. He’s kept working trying to play the right way. These players are probably the worst to manage in the entire league so to keep a clean sheet and have them still going with ten men in extra time is good going.

Just absolutely baffles me that when we’re down to ten there was more effort work rate and tackles going in than when we started the match. Doucoure Gray and Iwobi barely moved in the first half, yet as soon as we went to ten Coleman and Iwobi suddenly cranked it up and started getting near their men. Why can’t we do that as standard from the start of games?

Frank's got a hell of a lot to learn as a young manager but if he keeps us up it will be one steep bell curve and an impressive narrative on his CV, I think he's dynamic enough and intelligent enough to in time become a high level manager, I also think he's the reset / start a fresh manager we've needed for some considerable time now as a club, fingers crossed this result pushes us forward

Status
Not open for further replies.