2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thing for me. One of the reasons I’m so happy with an appointment like lampard, is
he will try and have us playing on the front foot.

We might get hit for 3-4 goals a few times a season. But we’re shipping goals playing defensive anti-football.

At least if we’re gonna be middling to poor, we can do it with a bit of excitement.

I just want to enjoy watching Everton again. A trophy or Europe would be boss, don’t get me wrong. But in the short term, I just want to feel the excitement of football again.
That's exactly how I feel, watching the team you support shouldn't be a chore. I'm willing excuse middling results if we're actually building something and putting together engaging performances. The Benitez reign was just a joyless slog where progress didn't seem achievable.

Really liked the look of the playing out and pressing drills. The two midfielders will have to buck their ideas up and become comfortable in possession quickly, because they'll need to remember how to pass a ball under pressure, like most footballers do. I'm sure there will be teething problems and a high turnover over the players to get there, but Frank will turn us into something decent I'm sure of it. Gets plenty of time from me.

He'll need to sort this defence out and get a good set peice coach in too.

But we'll see some decent football again.

I'm unimpressed at his failure to bin Ferguson, I gave to say.

But he gets 100% support.
I think not binning Dunc was an outright effort to keep the peace. A lot of fans would have taken it badly and thus the bad vibes would continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.