2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamann currently on Sky Sports chatting absolute piles about him right now. Saying the fans won’t take to him from day one because of the north/south divide lol basically just said he doesn’t think there’s a chance of him succeeding here. Thanks for your all important Big Red dog whistling contribution to the discussion Didi.
They just can't handle the attention being away from them for one moment.

"So I see Everton have signed Dele Alli, what do you think of that, Didi?

"6 times 6 times yer bitters ahhahhahahaa"

Hamann currently on Sky Sports chatting absolute piles about him right now. Saying the fans won’t take to him from day one because of the north/south divide lol basically just said he doesn’t think there’s a chance of him succeeding here. Thanks for your all important Big Red dog whistling contribution to the discussion Didi.

North/South divide doesn't bother 95% of their fanbase, does it?

I clarified this further here - https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/frank-lampard.114412/post-9389076 saying it was benitez's buy, not lampards.
Okay. But based on that assessment, we only have two "Franks Boys" in the whole squad. He is the only recognised left back we have at the club and I can't believe for a moment that Lampard won't do his best to integrate him into the starting XI.

I agree his start hasn't been the most auspicious but we need to factor in that he's come to us straight off the Ukranian extended winter break and come straight into the team with effectively no pre-season. It will also take him time to adjust to the pace of our league. You only need to look at the problems Cancelo had at City in his first season and he's arguably the best full back in the league now.

Mykolenko is obviously a talented footballer. He has 7 goals and 22 assists in 122 games playing left back for his club, and 21 caps for Ukraine, a very decent International team who reached the knockout stages of the last Euros and are in the play offs for this years world cup having been unbeaten in their group which included France. He is the sort of signing that we should be making, and I believe the sort of signing that Lampard himself would have made, as is Patterson on the other flank. I just wish he was brought in to support Lucas Digne rather than to replace him. Plus he is only 22 I think, and lots of potential to improve under a good manager. Which hopefully Frank turns out to be.

It's early days so I'm not getting carried away and we have to give him time to settle. But I have high hopes for this lad.

Jesus there was a time in everton very very long history in my short lifetime you could count on one hand how many terrible managers we had. They wehre tales of folklore.

Now every manager is terrible. More in last 7 years than 140

Jesus there was a time in everton very very long history in my short lifetime you could count on one hand how many terrible managers we had. They wehre tales of folklore.

Now every manager is terrible. More in last 7 years than 140

Are you writing off a manager who hasn't taken charge of a game yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.