2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree with most of your points, and I hope he turns out great. I was concern posting more than anything, given the guy who sanctioned his purchase left after a few days he got here. If I was a player i wouldn't want to see the manager that brought me in go. Same with El Ghazi, I wonder what's going to happen with him. Hoping Frank sees Mykolenko has potential. This sport is uncertain, you just never know what style or type of players a manager is going to go for, unless they're like world class or best in the league. Benitez favoured Townsend and Gray over James for example. Carlo played 4CBs a few times and didn't play Kenny. Frank could go for 3 at the back, and say Townsend on the left in the midfield for example and then he wouldn't need to play a left back.

That said given his age, they're definitely going to give him a few years to see if he can make it. It's not a Davy Klassen situation where he had to go after one season, so there's plenty of time for Mykolenko to get settled.

I still can't get over Digne being sold, would have worked great with Frank Lampard. If it doesn't work out for Digne, we can sign him back for half the price.
I see your point on El Ghazi. But I didn't understand his signing in the first place. The wide positions we were already well stocked. But with Mykolenko, as I said, he is the single recognised left back we have at the club, including the U23s.

Agree fully on Digne too. Really didn't want him to leave. But this lad does have reasonably decent assist stats,1 in 5, and I'm not aware that he takes set pieces, so I'm assuming he get's forward a lot and throws in crosses.

Interesting shouts in this short video - training routine with Allan being used as the spare "6" to play through in the middle of it all

Shouts of "use the 6" and "use Allan"

Might already give you an idea of what the plan is

Yeh was just gonna say the "use the 6" was telling. Same position he used Gilmour as that link man.

8F210BAF-E256-4606-9485-75C04F36F447.jpeg

Taking a massive assumption here but....looks like he's gonna be wanting a number 6 hole player to be a focus on keeping the ball.

Gomes and Allan predominantly the focus.
He did similar at Chelsea - Jorginho basically receiving the ball and linking everything together, Kante as a box to box then Mount in attacking mid

I really wish he could bring someone in like Pienaar to coach these lads how to look after the ball and move into space. The lad was a master at it. Pure football the Dutch are used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.