2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chatted the brother today about Frank.

He is a big Forest fan, reckons that Paul Clement is the best part of the deal and that the two of them should be a great double act.
Clement is one of the most decorated assistant managers in the world and has a great pedigree. He’s also slightly older and more experienced than Frank. He’s a great addition.

He’s a young manager with much to prove, but I was impressed by him leading Derby to the play-off final after years and years of mediocrity for the East Midlands side. They only narrowly lost that final to Villa as well. To guide Chelsea to the top 4 and to the FA Cup final was also impressive given that he wasn’t able to sign anyone due to the transfer embargo.

I’d get behind him whoever he was because he’s one of us now.
Yes, it’s important that we now get behind our players and our new manager. For too long we have helped the opposition by abusing our own players. Howard Kendall often used to speak of Goodison being like a 12th man and inspiring us to win trophies in the 1980s.

In fact, before that famous victory over Bayern Munich Mr Kendall said to the players: “Just kick towards the Gwladys Street end, the fans will suck it into the goal.”

IMG_20220131_214421.jpg

Happy about our transfers and the new manager. I just hope as fans that we are able to give him a real chance even if there is a run of losses. But unfortunately I am expecting fans to have a collective breakdown by mid next season at the latest and a new manager in soon after (I'd even bet money on it if I could, as the @ 1 manager per year habit is hard to break apparently).

Get us out of trouble.

In an ideal world he gets 5 wins, hopefully as early in his time here and this will give him plenty of no pressure time to go into the summer with targets and deals prepared (and a lot of driftwood finally jettisoned). This gives us every chance of hitting next season with Lampard in control of his own destiny.

I don't expect to win the league any time soon. But we should be looking at being able to beat anyone on our day (with the likes of City, they'd have to have an off day) but we should always be going into a game thinking we should pick up the points and I get the feeling Lampard takes that approach.

As long as he survives the first year or so, he could be the man to get us back on track and dare I say pick something shiny up, preferably before we leave Goodison...

Get us out of trouble.

In an ideal world he gets 5 wins, hopefully as early in his time here and this will give him plenty of no pressure time to go into the summer with targets and deals prepared (and a lot of driftwood finally jettisoned). This gives us every chance of hitting next season with Lampard in control of his own destiny.

I don't expect to win the league any time soon. But we should be looking at being able to beat anyone on our day (with the likes of City, they'd have to have an off day) but we should always be going into a game thinking we should pick up the points and I get the feeling Lampard takes that approach.

As long as he survives the first year or so, he could be the man to get us back on track and dare I say pick something shiny up, preferably before we leave Goodison...
Its not a bad time to get him in. Survival is all we ask. Gets a few early wins like you say and its no pressure and a learning curve for whats needed in the window. Set us up nicely for next season. If we waited till the summer I feel we would be going around in circles yet again of the past 7 years.

I'm sure he's s aware of Everton and how we have been doing. But he's still in for a shock id say. The players will let him down this season. It'ss going to be painful. We get a good manager bounce and get early relief regards relegation. The rest of the season ill be just waiting for the usuals to let the side down and hopeful that Lamps is paying attention.

As said before so glad we don't have to ruin next season for Lamps to learn what these gimp are all about. And if Lamps is the right man. He won't suffer them long.

Last edited:
His predecessor was Rafael Benitez. Being an improvement on that should in all honesty, be not be that difficult a task to accomplish!lol
Let's hold the horses on that notion. Come back to it in 15 years and let's see how Lampards record holds up to multiple domestic trophies in top leagues across Europe and a few champions league finals and the pot it's self. 6th with Derby and 9th with Chelsea doesn't warrant a 'sure he's following Benitez shouldn't be that hard'.

Don't get me wrong im hopeful and feeling positive about Lampards potential but let's see it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.