2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He couldn't keep West Brom up so why go back to him with 9 games left?
I think that's an important point - when Allardyce's proud record fell when the Baggies got relegated, I think it proved that his way of setting teams up was past its sell-by date. It's been 4 years since he left Goodison, and we thought he was a dinosaur back then, so the game will have passed him by even more in the years since. Of course, I'd have him back right now if it guaranteed survival, but I think he may just be able to get mainly draws, and single points here and there ain't gonna be enough from now on.

We're in financial dire straits and sacking another manager and coaches is going to cost another 20m and for what? To get some desperado in who wants 10m for 9 games.

Nah, sack the players by all means but Lampard stays and if we go down then the board and players can face the consequences of their actions
Reason Lampard appealed to me was yes he is young and learning. But was Incase we do go down which is likely currently. We know are finances are up in the air. But with Lampard he could get a few Chelsea lads on loan. And let’s be honest most of Chelsea young lads would give our team a game.

He couldn't keep West Brom up so why go back to him with 9 games left?
Not even Pep could have kept West Brom up!! The players sulked because Billic was sacked plus they had let themselves get unfit during Lockdown, Allerdyce said he had never worked with such unfit players, the reason why he didn't hang around this season, he was asked to stay but knew he would get no funds to replace them.

Any option that makes it more likely these players get away with it again, should be avoided at all costs.

Sacking Lampard is backing these players and I will never ever accept that. The fact we haven't heard any sort of apology or gesture from these players shows the mentality they have.

Quite simply our players are not good enough, Lampard knows this but has little choice when it comes to selecting a team.

No mate who our manager is he would not be able to fix this lot if Lampard was given the shove.

Hope I am wrong but I think the WHU/Burnley games will be the ones that sealed our fate.

Criminal to drop 4 points in those circumstances. I can accept getting a tonking on the day like at Spurs but to be in the game and hand the points over to the opposition and not attempt to make any changes from the bench was dissapointing.

Even yesterday - Rondon & Delph on for DCL and Iwobi at 70 minutes and we probably come away with at least a point and still sat 4 above the drop.
You cant play open as we do and get out of this.

It's too late now, IMO. But if we lose or draw on Saturday then we have to change maanger again.

As crzy as that is, it's the only chance we'd have.

I for one am not prepared to have any truck with the 'Hand Lampard the chance to bring us back up again' line.

It's too late now, IMO. But if we lose or draw on Saturday then we have to change maanger again.

I for one am not prepared to have any truck with the 'Hand Lampard the chance to bring us back up again' line.
Slaven Bilic?

BTW i dont want Lampard sacked if we stay up or get relegated

I just can't see the point in sacking him now unless he's been on the phone to BFS. Even if Sam came in would he save us with this lot. Who else would there be who may save us. I'm afraid the parties over. Oh and just to pour petrol on the fire. Imagine us having to go to the cess pit needing a win to stay up and them needing a win to win the title. Not sure if that's mathematically possible at the moment, but just a thought or should I say nightmare.
We could play that game a million times over and over again and lose every single one of them.

If we go down he has be sacked realistically. You look at the managers who've gotten teams promoted yet struggled on occasions in the PL which is undoubtedly a step up (Benitez, Nuno, Wilder, Biesla) and Lampard couldn't even get promoted with Derby so it would be a massive gamble keeping him on.

For me get Alladyce back on a 2 year deal or even Nuno if we do go and let them bring us back up next season.

Be a dour 2 seasons but probably of necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.