2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
His age had absolutely no relevance to that challenge, the kid has been playing football long enough. it happens, why people think it happened because he is young baffles me, it really does. It was an unfortunate coming together, it happens to 36 year olds also.

I really want lampard here to rebuild, we have a cracking coaching team, it would be daft to tear it up when they've not even had a pre-season and fresh start.
He got sucked into a needless challenge that far out. That's inexperience.

No, I wanted in a CB crisis to play a more experienced player who has played at CB before ahead of a wet behind the ears kid.

But he has not played cb for us has he? And moving him means you have to play 2 players out of position rather than none .

Think the reason for Gomes was that he played a blinder in the other home game against Brentford, and thought we'd have more of the ball at home, no good playing 2 holding midfielders in a game we were expected to win

You mean like Watford ?

Edit: article isnt linking...its in the mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...red-Jurgen-Klopp-signs-40m-players-BENCH.html

Lampard related as he says "Lampard must accept responsibility" as soon as he took over.

Then makes the excuse that we were 6pts from 10th and 6pts from relegation.

What is failed to mention is that we were 20th in the form guide ever since we lost DCL to injury.

The fact that Lampard took over a team in freefall (thats an understatement) devoid of confidence, zero gameplan or tactical awareness installed and has managed to turn things around up to now despite joining in dire circumstances...

....is a credit to Lampard.

Show that article of excuses to each player before the Palace game.

Tell them to show this clown who you are and what you can do.

We didn't need a 2nd or 3rd though did we?

One nil up and players behind the ball and us able to counter attack an overstretched Brentford would have been perfect as a tactic to adopt.

Lampard just didn't get that message on the pitch and we lost 3 points because of it...just as we lost 3 points at Burnley.

Mate , please tell me how not sitting back against burnley was the reason that JJK jumped in like a sunday league player, then how Godfrey missed the ball and let it hit his standing leg , and then JJK deciding to shoot from 30 yards out and blasting the ball off their player ? If you can’t trust professional footballers to not do those things , you can’t trust them to defend

In theory no one needs a 2nd. In reality a 2nd or 3rd completely kills Brentford who before the red card didn't want anything to do with this match. We are not good to go down a gear in the hope we can defend for 80 mins

If there is ever a team in history that “ needs” a second it’s us . Even a 3 goal lead would have had me biting my nails

Stay up.

Try to get a few players in with no room for error. We can't afford in any literal sense any failures on that front. They have to be able to make an immediate and sustained impact.

Big ask but can be done. Tomorrow's opponents are an example.

Just stay up and regroup. It's a different conversation if we go down.

But either way I'd like him to stay. He has worked hard with no luck in hellish circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.