Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody forgets this mate. It's mentioned in almost every post about Lampard, and has been for the last 2 weeks. What sometimes does seem to get forgotten is that he was managing Chelsea, and even though he couldn't buy players he had a genuinely top class squad at his disposal, it's not like he was doing a Moyes circa 2008.

Also had some cracking youth players coming through as well. Their youth team players that have come through and are coming through would make a half decent premier league team.

Coming round to him being here but he still had a lot to work with that first season at Chelsea. Lightyears from what we have.

Hopefully Frank brings Abramovich as his representative, they can quickly hatch a plan to buy* 5 decent players for the princely sum of 1p.

*Players are due to be bought back off of us in the Summer.
Unfortunately though it looks as though Moshiri will arrive with Joorabchian in tow as his representative! The fact that he is anywhere even close to these “interviews” worries me!
As they used to say at the beginning of Thunderbirds “anything could happen in the next half hour”!

hopefully
If it was going to be Lampard and i hope it is surly he would be in Liverpool to complete his interview if they intend to announce it today so they can get the press conference at the ground or Finch farm unless he travels down tomorrow for the announcement, i would have thought someone would have spotted him by now

Saw on Twitter (could be bull shine) that Lampard wouldn’t want Ferguson on his coaching staff, so that would mean Dunc is gone for the foreseeable

Will be interesting to see reactions to that if true
A clear out of the “old boys club” might not be such a bad thing tbh! Let’s face it Ferguson admitted before the Villa game “he wasn’t ready yet” - the only way he going to find out if he is ready is to go and manage elsewhere and prove to himself he does actually want/and can do the job!

If it was going to be Lampard and i hope it is surly he would be in Liverpool to complete his interview if they intend to announce it today so they can get the press conference at the ground or Finch farm unless he travels down tomorrow for the announcement, i would have thought someone would have spotted him by now
I doubt there will be an official announcement today. Could well have it all sewn up and get the new manager unveiled tomorrow.

we’re is that feller that hangs around finch farm? lol

2A84FAAE-46B0-46B5-9392-CA3E404B7F0E.jpeg

I'll give him my full support. Eve when struggling. I'm fed up of this groundhog day. Any man deserves a couple of years.

Just dono if he's equipped for a relegation battle with these absolute lizards.

It'd be nice to look back on this later and know we were right... but as of now, it doesn't stop the niggling fear at the back of my mind that we're wrong and Vitor is a bonafide contender!

Scary isnt it - i dont know how he could sit in front of of an interview team and talk about pocession based football with our players and for a panel to take him seriously - hopefully anyway.

I think if we employed him Paddy Power would be pain gout on our relegation mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.