Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we need players in even if they announce Lampard today, I am not sure we will have enough time to get anyone in. Some sources are already linking us with Chelsea players Loftus-Cheek and Barkley, I would imagine on loan. As well as Dele Ali from Tottenham. At this point I am not opposed to any of them because we are short on numbers in the middle of the park

I'm opposed to all three of them for differing reasons

Saw on Twitter (could be bull shine) that Lampard wouldn’t want Ferguson on his coaching staff, so that would mean Dunc is gone for the foreseeable

Will be interesting to see reactions to that if true
In terms of fan reactions I don't think people really care. I loved Ferguson as a player, he was an idol to 99% of fans of my age, but I couldn't care less whether he's on the coaching staff or not to be honest and I think most people are the same. If he's a good coach then great, if he's not then get rid of him. I don't think the idea of having 'club men' involved is as stupid as some evidently do (I mean, we'd have been up a creek more than once if we didn't have the likes of him involved in some capacity, due to the level of upheaval we've had) but if the club think we as fans would revolt if people like Ferguson and Unsworth were moved on then they're reading the situation pretty badly.

I still think we need players in even if they announce Lampard today, I am not sure we will have enough time to get anyone in. Some sources are already linking us with Chelsea players Loftus-Cheek and Barkley, I would imagine on loan. As well as Dele Ali from Tottenham. At this point I am not opposed to any of them because we are short on numbers in the middle of the park
Loans can be done quite quickly surely Lamps will have a few players in mind

Just looking at the Echo every picture on it is off Lampard and they are breifed. Be a shock if it wasn't him at this stage, but you know Everton and what not
All the noise about Vitor could be a very poor attempt at getting Lampard to lower his demands.

It would be the kind of ham-fisted thing we'd have a go at.

Maybe the plan has been to hire Lampard all along?

Moshiri knows that fans will hate whoever he chooses. Pereira might be being used by the club (again). He has had interviews twice before and been rejected, why would it be different this time?

Maybe Lampard has been Moshiri's man all through this.

Baffled me as to why we would go for Periera now when we didn’t get him when his stock was at it’s highest.

All the noise about Vitor could be a very poor attempt at getting Lampard to lower his demands.

It would be the kind of ham-fisted thing we'd have a go at.

That and i think Vitor was a bit of a Trojan horse as you say mate maybe for leverage and also in terms of fans accepting Frankly as the less mad cap alternative.

The deal for Vitor was to raise his profile in the English game being linked to us and doing a tour of SSN, all expenses paid trip to the UK.

Just ride in on purple horse and save us Fronk.

C56D73A0-8E3F-4439-B920-62C51F98395E.jpeg

That and i think Vitor was a bit of a Trojan horse as you say maybe for leverage and also in terms of fans accepting Frankly as the less mad cap alternative.

The deal for Vitor was to raise his profile in the English game being linked to us and doing a tour of SSN, all expenses paid trip to the UK.
It'd be nice to look back on this later and know we were right... but as of now, it doesn't stop the niggling fear at the back of my mind that we're wrong and Vitor is a bonafide contender!

Saw on Twitter (could be bull shine) that Lampard wouldn’t want Ferguson on his coaching staff, so that would mean Dunc is gone for the foreseeable

Will be interesting to see reactions to that if true
I think a manager should be able to pick his own staff, people he is comfortable with. I would bin Duncan he is not the big Evertonian. He never watched us after retirement only came back because he was skint.

I think it would be good for Duncan himself to take a break from efc and maybe spend some time at another club, if he still wants to be involved in football on a day to day basis.
I have great respect and liking for him and suggest he is a genuine club legend always welcome as a vip.
He needs new challenges and experiences to develop his potential as a football manager.
I bet his family are fed up with all the efc politics and toxicity and him coming home each night from work like a bear with a sore head. It hasn’t been fun for quite a while.
As to the future then maybe an efc manager at some stage.

He will come across articulate and say some decent things in the pressers. Hype overload will kick in. Happy memes all over the shop.

Then slowly but surely he will be added to the long list of people in the game of recent history that do not look back on us fondly.

Status
Not open for further replies.