Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be safer option going for Lampard. He's an intelligent enough person to know we need results quick and there's potential in the squad to get back challenging next season.

Worry is Perriera coming in and wanting to play pressing style and possession when we barely string two passes together.

I would go for Lampard, won pretty much everything as a player and serial winner.

I think he gets a bit of stick for the job he done at Chelsea. If you look at his reign though, he dropped all the older pros and tried to establish a young hungry attacking team. If he could come in and do that here I would be very happy.
He also operated through a transfer ban and wasn't able to sign any players and he still managed to get the youth team to qualify for the CL. He did quite well at Derby too. The concern with Lamps is that when TT took over at Chelsea they improved significantly and very quickly so TT was able to do something Lamps couldn't.

Chelsea fan here very much in peace.

One of my best mates travels from down here in the SW to every one of your home games so whilst I clearly won’t be suffering it pains me to see just how much your current predicament is impacting on him.

I like all long term Chelsea supporters have been through the fear of relegation and yep relegation itself so I know how it hurts and whilst I would snigger if certain clubs, certain supporters were in the position you find yourselves that’s certainly not how I feel about you lot.

Of course all clubs make massive mistakes when appointing managers. Some just stand out as complete madness. We have a history of that having given the gig to the likes of AVB and well quite a few others they just weren’t a fit and even when some of those strange appointments delivered silverware such as Di Matteo and yes Benetiz you just know they weren’t a long term a fit.

I watched your game against Villa. It was abundantly clear to me , yep an outsider, that there is no way that Ferguson will get you through the problems you face. No doubt he will stir things up but the tactical awareness and indeed experience clubs like Burnley, like Newcastle, Watford and yes even Norwich is something at this stage of the seasons something you will need in bucket loads as much as anything because the majority of your players are for them in unknown territory.

Frank given the blank canvas that comes with start of a new season would be fine for you.The ore season would enable him to get players. In and instil his ideas.
His style is refreshing and there is no doubt you would be far more of a threat going forward but you would be sacrificing defensive shape and sorry but at this point in time I can’t see he is the answer for you in this critical last third of the season.
I haven’t a clue who you should go for as manager . Personally I think you need an interim appointment
Ironically the likes of big Sam would hit the ground running but with his history and indeed your owners confused approach to on field matters I suspect he isn’t even being talked about

With us weve had supposed 'tactical defensive mastermind' Benitez putting out teams built to concede goals without a style of play and devoid of ideas at set pieces.

Sit back...concede goal(s) then finally attack and create a bunch of chances when on the front foot.

Also weve been crying out for some of the younger players to be used over the older past it players...or just useless ones.

Thirdly we need someone to set up with 3 in midfield.

Lampard seems to favour a front foot positive approach, 3 in midfield, uses youth.

Ticks the 3 crucial boxes.

Finally, if he only delivers an average of 1point a game were safe. I get what you mean about him potentially being decent if brought in during summer...

...bringing him in now gives him a headstart with a low points target while he gets to know how useless mentally and physically alot of the squad is before the summer window.

I've been saying for the last 5 years or so that we need a Moyes v2.0 and of all the managers likely to come to Everton I think Lampard fits the bill a lot better than most. He certainly has the PL experience as a player and briefly as a manager, he has the big name to potentially bring in the right kind of players (Alli being an example although I'm not convinced it's agood example), I get the impression Lampard will put his heart and soul in to the job which is really all you can ask for and that will hopefully rub off on the players to put their heart and soul in to it.

The reality is that any manager has a huge uphill battle to turn things around at Everton so there will be no miracles in the short term. We have a squad with very limited ability but if he can get the best of them over the rest of the season and head back towards the middle of the table rather than the bottom, he can start with a clean slate in the summer and have a bit of a shuffle of the players.

I'm certainly more positive about backing Lampard than I have been about most of the previous few managers.

Get him annouced Everton.

Has anyone watched the long interview he did with Gary Neville, on The Overlap? It's the latest one. I loved the Roy Keane one, but I got bored of watching this a few mins in.

I refuse to watch it unless he's announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.