Homepage Update: Form is Temporary, Classlessness is Permanent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of points:

Rooney did nothing for us? Except fetch us 30m and saved us from inevitable administration or weren't you a blue back back then?

He's not on 250k a week, not even close

Lukaku was and is a bell, end of. Rooney was and is one of us. If you don't get that, there's no hope for you I'm afraid

Well, we do know we give Wayne £7.8m a year. Admittedly that's not 250k but if you think we didn't take a reduced fee for Lukaku to reflect the fact that United were paying £7.5m a year to Wayne you are kidding yourself. (That's aside from anything that went on relating to image rights and shirt sales)

If you believe Wayne went to United to save EFC then you really have bought into pyjamagate, as for one of us, kissing a United badge to the Everton fans after scoring a goal at Goodison, really? Maybe he is but he also can afford a PR agency.

Last edited:
Excellent piece @Jim Keoghan. I thought about this a lot since Sunday and here's the thing - not all of us actually had an issue with him, but now we do. There was a decent % who wished him well. Yeah, like others, we got annoyed at him running his mouth every time he went away and bottling most of the big games, but on the whole, I appreciated what he did and wished him the best when he left. I know I'm not the only one.

However, between the comments he made since he left and his actions on Sunday, he's now burnt all bridges. Jim's right to suggest we should ignore him when he comes back but I think we'd be better placed to really try and intimidate him. We know better than most how much he shits himself when things get on top - there's a good chance he'll go missing.

Overall it's pretty disappointing and didn't have to be like this.

I'd like to see our players really wind him up at Goodison.Try every trick in the book and drive him demented.

I think the gestures weren't meant for us. They were for the ManU supporters, the ones he's trying to impress now. We are as much ancient history to him as he is to us.

when did Evertonians become so precious? move on. if we had been better managed, won some trophies and gotten into Europe more he'd have stayed. we didn't, so be left. a footballer's career is only so long and one can't hang around waiting for improvement that may never come.

when did Evertonians become so precious? move on. if we had been better managed, won some trophies and gotten into Europe more he'd have stayed. we didn't, so be left. a footballer's career is only so long and one can't hang around waiting for improvement that may never come.
"when did Evertonians become so precious"?

I cannot imagine a more insulting comment from a fellow blue.

Seriously we were very good to this guy and those of you defending him need to be put back in your place.Think about all the times Rom bad mouthed and disrespected us while he was with us.Our relationship with Rom was very much of the abusive variety with us the fans on the receiving end of the abuse.We took all the disrespect and slaps in the face with integrity though.We never really gave him any abuse for his behavior.We took all the disrespect in good faith.Remember when Rom announced that he wasn't signing the contract last season?Well in the next game after that announcement at Goodison, he was given a great reception by the fans.

Seriously people what more did ye want?We gave him a lot more respect while he was with us, than what was given in return.Then before Roms first game against us after he left, he goes and say's, i don't care what happens to Everton, why should i care about what happens to them?I think for us all that was one slap in the face too many and the Everton fan's let Rom know that at Old Trafford.It's funny how Rom forgot about all the love he was shown while he was with us, when he decided to taunt those Everton fan's.Then this jackass said after the game that it was just "banter".I think it's important that people realize that Rom himself started all this bad blood.That while he was an Everton player he was treated on a whole with great respect from the fanbase.Oh and to any apologist thinking of writing a pitiful piece of dribble as a reply to this.My advice to you is to not even bother.

Last edited:

Seriously we were very good to this guy and those of you defending him need to be put back in your place.Think about all the times Rom bad mouthed and disrespected us while he was with us.Our relationship with Rom was very much of the abusive variety with us the fans on the receiving end of the abuse.We took all the disrespect and slaps in the face with integrity though.We never really gave him any abuse for his behavior.We took all the disrespect in good faith.Remember when Rom announced that he wasn't signing the contract last season?Well in the next game after that announcement at Goodison, he was given a great reception by the fans.

Seriously people what more did ye want?We gave him a lot more respect while he was with us, than what was given in return.Then before Roms first game against us after he left, he goes and say's, i don't care what happens to Everton, why should i care about what happens to them?I think for us all that was one slap in the face too many and the Everton fan's let Rom know that at Old Trafford.It's funny how Rom forgot about all the love he was shown while he was with us, when he decided to taunt those Everton fan's.Then this jackass said after the game that it was just "banter".I think it's important that people realize that Rom himself started all this bad blood.That while he was an Everton player he was treated on a whole with great respect from the fanbase.Oh and to any apologist thinking of writing a pitiful piece of dribble as a reply to this.My advice to you is to not even bother.

I read all that and do not feel back in my place.

He did nothing wrong.

God in hindsight i regret this post.Rom may be a muppet but storing up that much hate about something will only end up taking years off my life.Rom was a fine player for us.It's sad that things turned a bit sour.But i guess i need to learn to live to let live on this one, and just appreciate the goals that he did score for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.