Homepage Update: Form is Temporary, Classlessness is Permanent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't agree at all, If he wants to celebrate scoring a goal against us for his new club, so what. Are you saying it actually hurt your feelings, I doubt it. We all knew he'd move on at some point. He had some good times here but he also witnessed Goodison at it's most toxic during 2 of his seasons here. Anyway, he plays for Utd and he can do what he wants.

Seems like the author of the article is a bit precious imo.

Do you think he'd have put his hand to his ear if the fans hadn't been given him abuse prior to that ? Respect works both ways, it's not a one way street.

As is always the case with fans, we can give it but as soon as someone gives it back the tears start to roll.

And not just us, you see it right through the league. The belief that those on the pitch are available for abuse but in return the fans are sacrosanct.

He came with his career in the balance.

Was it really in the balance though? I think based on performances when out on loan it was fairly obvious he was going to have a decent career.

Everton invested in him, rebuilt his confidence

I don't think he was lacking in confidence

More than any other club, he owes Everton.

Why? He doesn't owe us anything, he gave us more seasons than I expected him to and scored a bucket load of goals in the process, I think he repaid our faith in him with exactly what you'd want a £27m striker to do.

The club did everything right. Not a foot put wrong

Did they? Their ambition didn't match his, imagine having his ambition and watching each transfer window unfold and seeing Valencia trundle in on loan.

Romelu Lukaku has no affection for Everton or its fans at all.

Welcome to the modern day footballer.

He left for a club that can match his ambitions

Precisely. He gave ample warning about what he wanted, maybe annoyingly so to some when he was on international duty, but he urged the club to match his ambitions and it didn't, so he left.

I can't knock anyone for publishing an article and well in for that, but it gets progressively more bitter the further in you get and it's that attitude from some sections of fans that probably caused the reaction from him when he scored.

It's not nice to see him banging them in for another club, but I won't begrudge him the success he has in his career because he deserves to play in a team that wins trophies year after year, and that's just not us.

Brilliant article, and sums up my views perfectly. No-one is asking him to constantly sing our praises, but a bit of class, humility and respect wouldn't hurt. It's not as if he was given dogs abuse for four years - sure, he got a bit of abuse now and then (lazy performances and running his mouth when on international duty didn't help), but what footballer doesn't!? He had four good years here and then left with minimal fuss, I don't see the need for him to be so bitter and disrespectful.

And before people say he was only reacting to our fans on the day, Thierry Henry said before the game that Lukaku had been looking forward to this game for a while - he was clearly desperate to 'stick it to us' for some bizarre reason.

Not even arsed. We're though.

zach-cry.gif

If anything, it's his 'crappy' personality that makes him a great player. The best ones tend to have the biggest egos.

And a 24 inch peanut

It's not like he did that when we played West Brom

Is that because he cares for them more than us?

I doubt it

It's because West Brom fans were usually nice to him whenever he played them, so he was nice back

We gave him a bunch if stick, so he gave it back to us when he scored

Cause and effect

We have no right to be so pious over it tbh. If we hadn't been the agressors and he'd still been an arse, like Arteta, then fair enough we'd have cause to be agreeved, but that's not what happened

The lesson:
Treat others how'd you like to be treated, or it might end up coming back to bite you

Status
Not open for further replies.