Football Trivia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is a question about a question ! I’ve seen the question

“who is the only Everton player sent off in one than one Merseyside Derby ? “

Now I have the answer , that I’ve seen , if anyone knows i wonder if we can then clear something up for me .
Thanks
Is that supposed to say ‘...sent off in more than one Merseyside Derby?’

If so, I seem to recall Phil Neville getting sent off in two derbies. 05/06 and the Clattenburg Derby for handball.

Is that supposed to say ‘...sent off in more than one Merseyside Derby?’

If so, I seem to recall Phil Neville getting sent off in two derbies. 05/06 and the Clattenburg Derby for handball.

sorry yeah it was .

yeah that’s the answer I’ve seen and it’s obviously correct that he was, so well done and thanks .

What I now want to ask is he the only player ever or the only player in prem history ? I can’t think of anyone else but thought I’d ask .

sorry yeah it was .

yeah that’s the answer I’ve seen and it’s obviously correct that he was, so well done and thanks .

What I now want to ask is he the only player ever or the only player in prem history ? I can’t think of anyone else but thought I’d ask .
As far as the Premier League era goes I think Neville is the only Everton player to be sent off more than once in a Derby. The same applies for Stevie Starfish for them.

As far as the Premier League era goes I think Neville is the only Everton player to be sent off more than once in a Derby. The same applies for Stevie Starfish for them.

yeah I’m sure he’s our only premier league player just wondered if there was any pre-prem . I can’t think of any but thanks

yeah I’m sure he’s our only premier league player just wondered if there was any pre-prem . I can’t think of any but thanks

You'll find it difficult to get an answer to this mate, as there's very little data available about sendings off prior to the introduction of the red card in 1976. Between '76 and 2020, though, yeah, it's only Gerrard and Neville that have been sent off in more than one derby. Before then you're relying on people's memories.

You'll find it difficult to get an answer to this mate, as there's very little data available about sendings off prior to the introduction of the red card in 1976. Between '76 and 2020, though, yeah, it's only Gerrard and Neville that have been sent off in more than one derby. Before then you're relying on people's memories.

ta mate , legend

Which players have played in the top flight of English football in four separate decades?

Blimey. Minimum career of what, 22 years......Pat Jennings has to be one.

Stanley Matthews played into his 50s, so fair chance he is another.

On the right track?

Status
Not open for further replies.