Football First

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive picked on neville because i simply hate him as a footballer, yes there were many poor players today, but he was blatantly the worst of the lot, and he needs slating, because its week in week out with him

ive picked on neville because i simply hate him as a footballer, yes there were many poor players today, but he was blatantly the worst of the lot, and he needs slating, because its week in week out with him
IT says it all when every week we pray that Dave plays him at fullback as he does less damage there I cannot believe the 4 year deal.funny though no matter what site I say that someone states hes a lovely man as if thats a reason to pick him:mad:

The switch between Baines and Valente around the half-hour mark gave some resemblances of balance to the team, but it has to be said Neville was again poor. He really doesn't perform at the level he should be as the captain. He gave far too much space to their winger and his passing was rubbish. Of course he didn't have Carsley helping him out but Rodwell, but that's not an excuse for an experienced player like he is.

But really, the crux of the shocking display was the centre of the park. Jagielka and Rodwell couldn't create anything and were too easily passed by. Especially in the first half, I don't know which one is supposed to sweep up near the penalty area, but he wasn't doing his job. Their first goal was a direct result of that.

Problem is that even if we had a full team it wouldn't have helped in this. Pienaar would have played instead of Baines, who might or might not have played LB from the start instead. Cahill would have slotted in the middle, but he is really not made for that role either.

I'm not a fan of Neville, but how many times today did he receive the ball and have NO options?

On reflection, I think Moyse slipped up by playing Jags in midfield, where he was hopeless. Neville in centre-mid would have helped Rodwell by talking him through the game, whilst Jags would surely have been more comfortable in the defence.

The switch between Baines and Valente around the half-hour mark gave some resemblances of balance to the team, but it has to be said Neville was again poor. He really doesn't perform at the level he should be as the captain. He gave far too much space to their winger and his passing was rubbish. Of course he didn't have Carsley helping him out but Rodwell, but that's not an excuse for an experienced player like he is.

But really, the crux of the shocking display was the centre of the park. Jagielka and Rodwell couldn't create anything and were too easily passed by. Especially in the first half, I don't know which one is supposed to sweep up near the penalty area, but he wasn't doing his job. Their first goal was a direct result of that.

Problem is that even if we had a full team it wouldn't have helped in this. Pienaar would have played instead of Baines, who might or might not have played LB from the start instead. Cahill would have slotted in the middle, but he is really not made for that role either.

Got to agree mate, full strength squad would have probably made things worse as Rodwell would probably be replaced by Cahill and so leaving jags on his own to be the only defensive minded midfielder. We would have been really susceptible to counters then, tho if we were more attacking at least we might have got more service for yak so maybe lookin more threatening, either way we all know we need a DM in the centre of that midfield and its becoming more and more obvious we dont have one in our paper thin squad

Status
Not open for further replies.