Football as We Know It Is Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you talking about marine I was talking to my lad the other day and we said we would go to one of there games.
Have watched a Bootle game the standard was miles higher than I expected.

Get down mate. I'm a regular. We had 1,200 there at the weekend, and we've had up to 1,600 at various points over the last couple of seasons. You can also take a pint back to your seat/standing speck if you want, and don't mind a plastic glass.

Oh, and Feb 14th, we play Everton u18's in the quarter final of the Liverpool Senior Cup.

It takes literally back to back wins for everybody to be buzzing off footy and loving it again so let's stop eh? Because if / when things are looking on the up again, all this cryarsing looks rather daft.

We did the tourist thing last year and took the boy to a Bayern match. Ok, it’s something akin to being a Norwegian and going to Anfield, but it was a good experience and my lad got the taste for it.
He wants us to go again and doesn’t mind where we go.
I did the same last year too. I went to watch a home game at Schalke 04. 62000 in the ground, and they were near the bottom of the Bundesliga at the time. The atmosphere was incredible, and their fans were singing throughout the game.
The similarities between us and them were uncanny, they also play in blue and white, and the football wasn’t great either!

It died when big money came in the final nail was the politicizing by the faux corrupt elite running it
The cost just to watch it is nearly as ridiculous as some fans singing sign on to the scousers doh ! they can afford match day and season tickets on UC

Haven't watched a single non Everton match all season. Only attend home games these days and haven't watched all our away matches as if a stream is rubbish I just check for score updates.

The arl man is still football obsessed but when he texts updating me on random footie news I feel bad as I just cant be bothered replying with any interest.

How much longer can people watch Bayern, R. Madrid, City/Liverpool and PSG win their respective domestic leagues year in year before they just get bored of it all?

FB92 finds it strange how we're in the age of social media instant gratification yet with football so many seem zombie-fied to the anti competitiveness. Football really is the opium of the masses.

It's not dying, it's dead. Look at almost any league - France PSG win almost every year, Germany Bayern Munich win every year, Italy Juventus win almost every year, England Man City win almost every year, bizarrely, given the history, but Spain is actually the most competitive league of the big leagues with three, yes three whole clubs, capable of winning the league.
Let the scab clubs have their super league, let them fill their stadia with tourists and let them broadcast their games 7 days a week on whatever platforms they want. Then, give the rest of football back to match going fans with a real connection to their clubs.

The champions league ... a competition mainly filled with runners up.

The language begins to look meaningless like a bad advert, or a sale "up to" 99% off trying to attract the stupid. Just better off ignoring it.
Just don't know why they never reverted to calling it the European Cup. Champions league name is a total cod of a name for it

I thought the fan protests against the super league were interesting.

Say if you are a Utd or Liverpool fan - the way things are going then games against international clubs become more frequent than clubs in the same country - are you happy or sad ?

Local rivalry becomes as important as the FA Cup ? 'Quintessential' rather than 'essential' ?

Foreign fans far outnumber locals, even though they might not be at the stadium ?

Chances of local players on your team sheet more and more remote ?

Cost of your ticket to see the next away game becoming a bit ridiculous ?

Maybe all that is fine and you enjoy the spectacle - but it is so far removed from what our great grandparents must have started watching and had pride in.

It's so much to do with international brand that it starts becoming as important as whether you prefer Pepsi or Coca Cola - and, apart form the opportunity for smalltalk, who really cares ?

Perhaps clubs become like the Harlem globetrotters - spectacles on tour for sports entertainment - no tackles guaranteed.
No doubt a big majority of Super League fixtures would be played in Saudi Arabia too

The only game I've watched without VAR this season was Middlesborough v Chelsea and it was much more enjoyable even with only a 1-0
Commentators not pouring over replays and talking about VAR maybe checking this or that
VAR has become a main source of chatter now too for commentators, its role in other games etc. meaning its even taking over the game when its not directly taking over the game

That and the financial fair play that has hamstrung clubs other than the cartel, due to every single element of player costs becoming inflated due to TV rights and its price gouging. A bang average PL player costs 20mil and around 70k per week. Throw agent fees on top and that too. No wonder clubs can't cope.

The bubble will burst soon when people realise the magic is well and truly gone no matter how much marketing tries to convince us otherwise.

It takes literally back to back wins for everybody to be buzzing off footy and loving it again so let's stop eh? Because if / when things are looking on the up again, all this cryarsing looks rather daft.
People have a lot more depth than that tbf
We all know the enjoyment of the game is dropping overall whether we get a temporary lift from back to back wins or not

Corruption and or blatant favouritism was first seen by me with the clattenburg Derby and Collina possibly Poll .. It just appears to have escalated beyond belief , Those trying to breakthrough of which we were one have appeared to have been swatted away without any recourse ...

Status
Not open for further replies.