Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

wouldn't worry about the Colombians in Florida, they are a swell bunch. When the USMNT played Colombia in Tampa a couple years ago, my brother moseyed over to the Colombian section in his US kit, showed them a pic of me and a Colombian buddy (me sporting that swell dark blue kit from Copa 2016) watching the game in San Andres, everyone was friendly, tons of pics with Cafetero supporters. Even when the US came from behind to take a brief second half lead before James took over, nothing but smiles.

The Florida Cup promo video makes it look as if James is going to be participating in the cup. I sure hope so, I wouldn't mind watching him and Mina play against Millonarios.

It would be fitting if both did play. I guess for James it’ll be if he’s fit as much as anything else.
I’m still hoping he stays another season and plays in front of supporters at Goodson before he leaves!!!

Just seen that Wrexham FC have called off their game in the States because of Covid. Obviously a different league from us in all respects but I wonder if this tournament will be impacted.

Just seen that Wrexham FC have called off their game in the States because of Covid. Obviously a different league from us in all respects but I wonder if this tournament will be impacted.
Hmmm that’s interesting to hear. My bet is that it won’t. Governor DeSantis is not interested in closing down or putting new covid restrictions in place in Florida so I’m sure the match will be played unless one of the teams pulls out.

Hmmm that’s interesting to hear. My bet is that it won’t. Governor DeSantis is not interested in closing down or putting new covid restrictions in place in Florida so I’m sure the match will be played unless one of the teams pulls out.
Aye , different level of commitment and costs for Wrexham. They were bought by Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney earlier in the year and have TicTok and Reynolds’ Aviation Gin as sponsors so it was more of a marketing opportunity , normally they’d stay within 60 miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.