Match Thread Fleetwood Town v Everton, Wednesday 23rd September, 7.45pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While Pickford got away with two clangers last night, it shouldn't (and won't) be overlooked, but as he's going nowhere at the moment he really needs proper competition for his place as opposed to the non-threat the current options offer. What Chelsea have done in bringing in Mendy (in the face of their own expensive flop) is the sort of deal we should be aiming for; get a keeper who is clearly ready for the first team and get a bit of competition going.

Anyway, I was very pleased with that result - just like the weekend, it proves that we're currently creating (and taking) so many more chances than the shot-shy team that ended last season. This means we can overcome setbacks on both a basic scoreline level and, perhaps more importantly, in terms of mentality, which seems to be so much better. Up until very recently, we all knew the script when one (never mind two) keeper howlers occurred... heads would drop, and any and all good work would be undone as the team imploded.
I also like how we’re being more creative with our passing, ie chips over the top, cross field balls, it all seems to be playing to our advantage and carving out loads of chances in all the games we’ve played. 3 of such like got goals 1,2 and 5.
Also big praise for the new LB, as someone else said what a baller!
Winning breeds confidence, so onwards and upwards blues.

That first half we had them pinned inside their half of the field for almost the duration, besides them having a corner I believe. No matter the opposition it's rare if ever I've witnessed that before in a competitive game. We looked so comfortable on the ball, that's how top sides play.

Everyone who played except for Pickford put the effort in at the latest. I went with Konkers for MotM. He edged out Richarlison who has been great this season but before tonight his finishing has let him down.

The game turned out harder than it should have, but we didn't wilt when our lead was cut like we would have in the past.

The football is good, the goals are flowing and you can see the confidence increasing.

I'd love to win this competition.

Liked the team selection

Have mixed feelings about Delph & Siggy, but if they did well, then why not in the rotation games? I think it's still too much to expect them to play well against any lower half PL teams--its still too fast and aggressive for them

We're into the final few hours of this MotM Poll, so if you haven't yet voted now's the time to get on it... poll closes at 9.41pm UK time today ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.