Five things we learned from City game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA75

Player Valuation: £70m
Maybe we can do a 'five things we learned..' thread every game? For me:

1. Barry, Cleverly and McCarthy should not be starting games together. Unless we are winning then I see no reason they should be on the pitch at the same time.

2. Mirallas. Needs to be in the team. Can't be thrilled at the minute after signing a new deal - should certainly be playing ahead of Del, who looks like he needs a couple of games in the reserves to get up to speed.

3. Barkley shouldn't be taking free kicks. Scored a decent one at Swansea an age ago, but Lukaku should be on them now.

4. Kone. Back to the bench I'm afraid. I've always quite liked him but we must have better options from the start.

5. What we know already - we badly need someone with composure in the final third of the pitch. We have none. Yarmalenko would have been perfect.

Any other suggestions?

1. Why? Cleverley is clearly playing out wide...was nearly the best player on the pitch.
2. Yes...don't think he was fully fit.
3. Probably correct.
4. Impact sub...like vs Watford.
5. Correct. We created some dangerous play today, but lacked that final ball.

Browning nowhere near ready for the first team squad
Needs to be starting Besic in midfield
Mirallas should be starting ahead of Kone
Desperately need another striker alongside Lukaku
Martinez needs to get the right subs.

1. Spending billions gets you boss players like Silva, Aguero and Nasri. Not having that type of money leaves you with the likes of Naismith and Kone. That's about all I learnt from today.
You don't believe we had superior talents sitting on the bench?

Browning nowhere near ready for the first team squad
Needs to be starting Besic in midfield
Mirallas should be starting ahead of Kone
Desperately need another striker alongside Lukaku
Martinez needs to get the right subs.
As I said. Deja vu...

1. Why? Cleverley is clearly playing out wide...was nearly the best player on the pitch.
2. Yes...don't think he was fully fit.
3. Probably correct.
4. Impact sub...like vs Watford.
5. Correct. We created some dangerous play today, but lacked that final ball.

As for point 1. I think Clev is doing well, infact I don't think there is a lot that Barry or McCarthy do that he can't - and we have (or need) wide players who can create and score more than Clev can.

As for point 1. I think Clev is doing well, infact I don't think there is a lot that Barry or McCarthy do that he can't - and we have (or need) wide players who can create and score more than Clev can.

Whipped in crosses...think he's always gonna be out wide. If McCarthy or Barry are benched or injured Besic will fill in.

It's a myth that Martinez plays two out and out wingers as the norm. Osman played out wide more than anywhere else in Martinez's first season.

Martinez got it wrong today.
Whe. The team was announced I thought to be fair the team played well at Southampton and deserved there places however this is a different game
We had options in the squad to have a balanced set up but Martinez chose the opposite
Galloway was left isolated as Kone wasn't tracking back very often and when he did he lost the ball!
Where is Oviedo?
Lukaku was not the best today by any stretch but he had no support around him. Barkley played well while Barry and McCarthy never shone. Is there a time when Martinez will drop Barry? Or sub him?
I believe mirallas should of played in place of Kone I would also consider putting cleverly in the middle with McCarthy.
Bored writing now but not good enough from Martinez today.
Well played city though. silva ran the show again

1. Yeah last week was awful when they started together. 90 minutes against the best team in the league just confirmed it.

2. No one has any idea how fit Mirallas is.

3. Has Rom scored from a free kick? Memory fails but if he has it's surely only once.

4. Been boss in 110 minutes played before today. Thought he worked hard down the flank and played some good link up stuff. Let's write him off based on not getting a sniff of goal against City. Sound?

5. Let's see.

Personal view: should be in the chico one, sleep on it before starting a thread.

I don't wanna moan too much, I thought the team put everything into that game and it's hard to ask for more when you look at city's team, certainly going forward.
Lukaku had a decent game today, but his touch is absolutely criminal.
Kone drifts in the middle naturally, so I'd like to see Kev or someone with natural width play.
McCarthy found the quick interchange play tough, had a bad game for his standards.
Can't wait for Baines/Oveido to come back for the big games we've got.
Positives? Plenty, thought we played well, Coleman was immense through out, cleverly can pass! I'd like to see him in the middle, Barkley looks quality when he takes the ball and runs.
Am not too disheartened by that performance, you get what you pay for really.

Status
Not open for further replies.