Five subs

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the spectators point of view it's crazy. What you'll get is the normal 2 subs made for genuine tactical reasons, then both sides making 3 changes each in the last 10 minutes, confusing supporters and, for one side at least, just wasting time.

Its a joke - apparently there will be three opportunities for each team to make subs per game, to stop any use of subs as time wasting??? Bloody ridiculous - the bit I like the best is these changes to the games laws are to help prevent injuries, all the time while asking the players to play during a global health crisis, and they can't train together, shake hands or even maybe talk to each other on the pitch?

It still boggles my noodle that it's footballs being discussed as returning, whilst people are dying in there hundreds, daily.

I can't stomach what is being proposed, it's not the game I was fanatical about growing up, and if it carries with this rubbish, I think this might just finish it for me.

I'll Always love Everton, going the match and meeting me mates etc, but this is all a disgrace, and if Everton vote for it they can do one as well.

Roll on AFC Everton.

Basically a pre season tournament. I'll never see it as any more than that if this goes ahead
This season has essentially become a 38 round Sportspesa cup.

There should be temporary substitutions, just think of the excitement and unpredictability! The ball wouldn't even have to go out of play for the subs to be made, just change them there and then like a tag team in WWE.

Maybe get the ball boys to chuck on an extra ball or two as well. Madness!

You can't change rules of a competition halfway through. Shows what an absolute farce football has become. I honestly hope football (as it is) dies on its arse soon.
Yes let's get rid of agents film star wages - & support grass roots football as I fear a hell of a lot of these clubs will go under with this pandemic - as for five subs I would like to see a good team of 11 first ......

The big clubs will want a move to more subs and eventually rolling subs as it benefits them when they can buy more players and have deeper squads. They'll also be able to keep more players happy and further separate themselves from the rest of the league.

I don't think any proposal will have the support of every club, and will likely lead to legal action, whatever about Liverpool winning the league that was done and dusted I'd made my peace with that, neutral Venus won't sit well with relegation threatened teams who would have been relying on home support to dig them out, can't finish the season as it stands imaging getting relegated based on your position in March. Can't void the season not fair on the RS and the likes of Sheffield or Leicester who have had good seasons too. It's really a minefield, the fairest thing could even be to roll a dice, 1 and 2 is a draw 3 and 4 home win and 5 and 6 away win.
Would VAR intervene in the dice roll?

There should be temporary substitutions, just think of the excitement and unpredictability! The ball wouldn't even have to go out of play for the subs to be made, just change them there and then like a tag team in WWE.

Maybe get the ball boys to chuck on an extra ball or two as well. Madness!
Starting to sound like that Budweiser advert from like 10 years ago were they mentioned the extra-time multi ball and changing Portsmouth to Pompey Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.