Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The premier league is winning the gamesmanship clearly. Drop a ridiculous "We want 12 points" rumor and you have fans falling overthemselves to be okay with 6 points. Classic conditioning, drop a big number so that they will be okay with the lower number they wouldnt have ever been okay with.

Even 1 point is not okay, its absurd, and dont let them work you over like that.

The volume of fans “bending over” wanting swift punishment because we “deserve it” is staggering. If that’s our attitude then we deserve all we get.

Let’s remember… no published official charges, closed inquiry, no updates officially, only press speculation… and some want us to take whatever is rumoured to be on the cards.
All true. But to be fair, we do have multiple sets of audited accounts viewable by anyone on Companies House, and reported on the official Everton site that over any number of P&S assessment periods “on paper” appear to show we have exceeded limits by unbelievably astronomical amounts.

Being completely absolved of any and all wrongdoing seems pretty unlikely. The number 10 is always greater than the number 6. We are presumably saying the difference of 4 is not what it seems for us, mostly due to Covid, possible accidental treatment of a tax implication of a stadium loan (sorry guv), and the rest the PL knew about anyway because we were honest and open so nothing to see here.

The big and hopefully only issue is how any sanction compares to the flaccid punishment dished out to the 6 that tried to destroy the English football pyramid and would likely have robbed all other teams of tens of millions of TV revenue going forward as focus shifted to the Super-clique.

But I think it’s reasonable to expect some ill to come out of this tbh.

The premier league is winning the gamesmanship clearly. Drop a ridiculous "We want 12 points" rumor and you have fans falling overthemselves to be okay with 6 points. Classic conditioning, drop a big number so that they will be okay with the lower number they wouldnt have ever been okay with.

Even 1 point is not okay, its absurd, and dont let them work you over like that.
I suspect something similar.

Rule E3(1)
‘A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute"

I'd say that planning to leave the league and set up a closed shop league for massive financial gain would fall under this rule.
Rules were undoubtedly broken yet a slap on the wrist.
The scab six were not planning to leave the EPL but the UEFA competitions, or did you not realise
that? The Super League matches were.supposed to be.played during mid-week slots when European games are.played.

Hence nothing really to do with the EPL, no rules broken and a 'gesture of goodwill' paid for lower leagues and not to the EPL.

The bigger picture is why there is such animosity towards Everton both on and off the pitch. My theory is that LFC are, through media saturation, Premier League lobbying are attempting to demolish Everton. This sets them up to monopolise the Premier League in Liverpool with accompanying revenue boosts. They lost out on the Super League and got no penalty. They are the Machiavellians of English football. Vile.

All true. But to be fair, we do have multiple sets of audited accounts viewable by anyone on Companies House, and reported on the official Everton site that over any number of P&S assessment periods “on paper” appear to show we have exceeded limits by unbelievably astronomical amounts.

Being completely absolved of any and all wrongdoing seems pretty unlikely. The number 10 is always greater than the number 6. We are presumably saying the difference of 4 is not what it seems for us, mostly due to Covid, possible accidental treatment of a tax implication of a stadium loan (sorry guv), and the rest the PL knew about anyway because we were honest and open so nothing to see here.

The big and hopefully only issue is how any sanction compares to the flaccid punishment dished out to the 6 that tried to destroy the English football pyramid and would likely have robbed all other teams of tens of millions of TV revenue going forward as focus shifted to the Super-clique.

But I think it’s reasonable to expect some ill to come out of this tbh.
Ultimately there probably is some issues with our accounts, however, there is also issues with the Premier League and the definition of what is an “appropriate” punishment so we shouldn’t as a fanbase let alone the club itself be entertaining any form of punishment at all.

As others have stated, regardless of any alleged “breach”, the precedent was set when they let off their super league cash cows.

The bigger picture is why there is such animosity towards Everton both on and off the pitch. My theory is that LFC are, through media saturation, Premier League lobbying are attempting to demolish Everton. This sets them up to monopolise the Premier League in Liverpool with accompanying revenue boosts. They lost out on the Super League and got no penalty. They are the Machiavellians of English football. Vile.
I mean their myopic view of the whole way they are "treated" is also well documented and yes they are vile but would that scumbag of a club really put this at the forefront of their agenda and potentially lose millions of pound per year generated for the city of Liverpool and all the jobs lost as a result, over all else?

Actually yes they would, spawn of the devil that they are!

sky also want their pound of flesh for all the tv "specials" they have lined up and we keep denying them, after we keep failing to get relegated!

Another pile of filth and a scourge on what was once considered a sport.

Football used to be fun what the hell happened

Rule E3(1)
‘A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute"

I'd say that planning to leave the league and set up a closed shop league for massive financial gain would fall under this rule.
Rules were undoubtedly broken yet a slap on the wrist.
Again that’s a misconception at no time did they say nor did they plan to leave the PL. The ESL was to be a supplementary competition

Sorry but you completely misrepresenting the outcome.

Not one of the clubs was charged with any breech of PL rules because the specific offence wasn’t covered there wasn’t any fine

Heres an example of the coverage

The six clubs involved in proposals to form a European Super League have today acknowledged once again that their actions were a mistake, and have reconfirmed their commitment to the Premier League and the future of the English game," the statement read.

"They have wholeheartedly apologised to their fans, fellow clubs, the Premier League and The FA.

https://paid.outbrain.com/network/r...INDhCKfLM3tp4sdDPAHsUpnX2K3G0Q&c=c5f82210&v=4
"As a gesture of goodwill, the clubs have collectively agreed to make a contribution of £22m, which will go towards the good of the game, including new investment in support for fans, grassroots football and community programmes.

"Furthermore, the clubs have agreed to support rule changes so that any similar actions in the future would lead to a 30-point deduction.

The problem was then that a disrepute charge that would , I think , be an FA charge would almost certainly fail because no rules were broken
You're right, but people won't accept it. I said the same thing a few days ago, the so-called top 6 clubs broke no PL/FA rules, ergo no punishment. They didn't leave English football, but European competitions. That's why they were fined/sanctioned by UEFA and lost top seats in the ECA.

The £22m "fine" people keep repeating:

Last edited:
You're right, but people won't accept it. I said the same thing a few days ago, the so-called top 6 clubs broke no PL/FA rules, ergo no punishment. They didn't leave English football, but European competitions. That's why they were fined/sanctioned by UEFA and lost top seats at the ECA.

The £22m "fine" people keep repeating:

Isn't this just semantics over terminology?

They can dress it up how they like, it was a payment resulting from Improper conduct due to greed!

It was small change and actually not that relevant to us overall but it was a penalty/fine/goodwill gesture etc etc

As I say its meaningless in the scheme of what we are discussing and its pretty boring as far as Everton are concerned and yet I keep allowing myself to get dragged into it. It was not enough of a penalty for bringing disrepute into the game but a game already filled with dishonour and a lack of integrity what can we expect!

Status
Not open for further replies.