Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they have rules governing money spent then they damn well had better been monitoring it.
They do monitor it mate.

Hence them charging us with breaking the rules.

This fallacy that they "Signed off on our accounts and told us we hadnt broken any rules" is exposed the very second you read the charge they hit us with.

The player registration, yes.

The transfer and the fees involved? No.
I thought they did, but thinking about it why would they have to sanction every deal?
Its up to each club to keep their finances in order and stay within the P&S rules when they issue their accounts.

I guess that's where we are at now.

Everton hinted at it with 'The Club has, over several years, provided information to the Premier League in an open and transparent manner and has consciously chosen to act with the utmost good faith at all times'

The Premier League also assured Leeds/Burnley that Everton were compliant.
If this is actually the case, then it should be quite an easy charge for us to have dropped, even a semi competent lawyer could argue that only financial data after the date the PL said we were compliant should be included.

Do you have a link to that?

Im not being funny, I looked and I couldnt find any official quote from The Premier League stating the above.

Last year, Leeds and Burnley wrote to the Premier League asking for Everton's accounts to be independently investigated, although they later dropped their threat of legal action.

The two clubs were advised Everton complied with profit and sustainability rules, after meeting with the Premier League.

So again, not being funny, but thats not an official quote from The Premier League.

But fair enough, the boy Hafez seems a good source.

Which leads me to believe the charge isnt solely related to P&S, my theory is we are being accused of lying.

So again, not being funny, but thats not an official quote from The Premier League.

But fair enough, the boy Hafez seems a good source.

Which leads me to believe the charge isnt solely related to P&S, my theory is we are being accused of lying.

It's widely accepted Premier League give assurances.

Pretty sure the Leeds CEO at the time confirmed it too.

Oh and more on the club working with the Premier League;

Everton had previously dismissed claims they could face a retrospective points deduction and issued the following statement: “We have worked so closely with the Premier League to make sure we are compliant we are comfortable we have complied with the rules. External auditors have told us what we can and cannot claim against the pandemic. If they want to take legal action then they can do so by all means.”

Those saying they want to deduct points to get us out the way... Villa and Newcastle have bounced back into much stronger sides than when they went down. Leicester look like they will be absolutely sound to get promoted too. Going down would be awful but it's not a death sentence. 12 points deducted might be fine this year the way some teams have started. Who knows

Anything could happen. What I find interesting though are the implications for future offenders, the precedent it should set and what happens then. If West Ham or Newcastle get charged, would they immediately be penalised? I think the league had a lot to consider and a witch hunt against us is borderline tin foil hat territory. Every fan thinks they are the victim of all evil

Status
Not open for further replies.