Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
3C37C008-67F9-4A70-847D-8D78BA8801EE.jpeg

Granted Moshiri has paid a lot of money to the club, but claiming his regime has been anything other than a total disaster is …well

Wonder if Frank taking the Chelsea job voids his compo.. who am I kidding that tory will do it pro bono ala Koeman to keep the good times rolling

I have nothing against The Esk. I like him and I think he's a good Evertonian.

But his words here are being used as leverage to provide an illegitimate view that all Everton supporters believe the club have done wrong and they need to be punished...which that hack Herbert describes as "dignified".

I think I'd be pushing back at that twisting of my words if I were the Esk.
Just to say the DM published that article without my prior knowledge and without any prior communication

out my knowledge

At the risk of being one of these amateur calculator wielding sleuths.

Pre tax losses 2019 to 2022

£286m- this is with that combined average.

Average FFP expenditure when stadium as was factored in

£22m- so deduct £66m in total when averaging factored in.

Covid add-backs

£220mm..halved as wirh all else. Therefore £110m

Overspend £5m.

Or if you include the £8m in 2021-22, it's £212m across the Covid years aka £106m- and then £8m standalone last year.

Overspend £1m.

This at the very top end and most generous of the Covid estimates however, including the £88-138m of indirect losses- that further £50m in particular does sound speculative to me.

We won't know until the case is explained properly but it could be that we have been working with the League and then when we showed our actual financial records for the year we hadn't been completely transparent with them. Bit like what has just happened with Reading and the EFL.

But until we hear the actual charges we won't have a clue of what we've done and if we have done wrong to what extent.
Fair enough. Thanks, mate.

My question is- how do we ever reset from this? Our losses are so much that will we ever make enough to wipe the losses out and be able to do anything.
Hope to stay up this season.

Bring in a new board. Start to run the club properly.

Sell Pickford 60-70m
Branthwaite 20-25m
Kean 25m
Onana 60m.

Buy 3-4 promising young players with a budget of 50m and bring back Warrington and Cannon.

Hope that the young players can thrive with game time.

Pray hard.

Sell Pickford 60-70m
Branthwaite 20-25m
Kean 25m
Onana 60m.

Buy 3-4 promising young players with a budget of 50m and bring back Warrington and Cannon.

Pray hard.
You could halve those figures if we go down, even allowing for parachute payments, relegation would cripple us.

Sell Pickford 60-70m
Branthwaite 20-25m
Kean 25m
Onana 60m.

Pray hard.
We don’t need to create problems by selling Pickford. I could see the argument for Onana if we’re desperate for cash and we got offered unbelievable money for him.

Why buy promising players but sell Branthwaite. Seems counterintuitive

Status
Not open for further replies.