Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is- how do we ever reset from this? Our losses are so much that will we ever make enough to wipe the losses out and be able to do anything.

We have to bring through the likes of Dobbin, Price, Simms, Cannon and play them. We then have to hope a few of them have purple patches, are over hyped and we can then sell them for big money.
(The theory is called Gordon's Law!)

Then we have to find some Gems with our scouting network a do the same.

It us purely a case of buy low, sell high for a while now.

I'd rather get chased by a pack of dogs than listen to him

Main source is amateur football club accountant ‘the esk’.

I have nothing against The Esk. I like him and I think he's a good Evertonian.

But his words here are being used as leverage to provide an illegitimate view that all Everton supporters believe the club have done wrong and they need to be punished...which that hack Herbert describes as "dignified".

I think I'd be pushing back at that twisting of my words if I were the Esk.

Last edited:

But his words here are being used as leverage to provide an illicit view that all Everton supporters believe the club have done wrong and they need to be punished...which that hack Herbert describes as "dignified".

I think Ild be pushing back at that twisting of my words if I were the Esk.

Has the esk not replied to this and is happy to be used as a source for rags like the daily fail to write hit pieces on the club ?

If so Hardly what you call a ‘good Evertonian’ is it

I would want that rag using me as a source to attack my club plus he doesn’t know what is going on at the club either

Has the esk not replied to this and is happy to be used as a source for rags like the daily fail to write hit pieces on the club ?

If so Hardly what you call a ‘good Evertonian’ is it

I would want that rag using me as a source to attack my club plus he doesn’t know what is going on at the club either
Well he may well to choose to or has already?

The financial analysis that I keep seeing is full of (reasonable and clearly labelled) estimates, but there is still a huge hole in that the analysis would have us miles over last year, and we categorically had “no case to answer”. Without understanding how last years gap was bridged, no conclusions can possibly be drawn. The summaries and explanations are very useful to help people who aren’t obsessed with all of this stuff, but I’m not sure professional journo’s should be basing stories on it. Do your own homework Mr Sherbert.

My question is- how do we ever reset from this? Our losses are so much that will we ever make enough to wipe the losses out and be able to do anything.
Reduce the wage bill, reduce transfer spend, increase transfer income, increase matchday income (new stadium should help), increase commercial revenue (doesn't seem likely), convert more debt to equity (doesn't eliminate debt from historic balance sheet but means no interest payable compounding ongoing debts).

In short, run the club in a way that cuts our cloth. Do you think the current custodians will do that? Me neither.

The financial analysis that I keep seeing is full of (reasonable and clearly labelled) estimates, but there is still a huge hole in that the analysis would have us miles over last year, and we categorically had “no case to answer”. Without understanding how last years gap was bridged, no conclusions can possibly be drawn. The summaries and explanations are very useful to help people who aren’t obsessed with all of this stuff, but I’m not sure professional journo’s should be basing stories on it. Do your own homework Mr Sherbert.
Each and every report on this has a 'slant' and I can't think of a singular sports reporter, journalist or pundit who would portray Everton in anything but a negative light.
It constitutes a positive for the r/s supporting media.

But his words here are being used as leverage to provide an illegitimate view that all Everton supporters believe the club have done wrong and they need to be punished...which that hack Herbert describes as "dignified".

I think I'd be pushing back at that twisting of my words if I were the Esk.

It's the Daily Mail, twisting of words is what they do

Be gone with your reasoned logic, there is no place for that here. This is where good people congregate to be abused by the guesswork of calculator wielding dangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.