Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that simple though mate, have a read through this thread

"As a reminder, losses for FFP are not the same as those published in a club’s accounts. UEFA do not want to discourage “healthy” expenditure, so many expenses are excluded from break-even calculation, though some “revenue” items are also deducted"

That’s UEFA rules and not Premier League P&S.

No one is?
Oh, I think there are.

Anyway, the worst we're looking at here is a transfer embargo - which would be bad enough but not deadly. If the PL and that commission (made up of an independent chair and 3 people on the PL judicial panel) look at points deductions they'll open up a pandora's box.

The PL will be hoping we get relegated this season to make matters easy for them.

Like me and lads said in the summer protest sack the board time to go , this problem was inevitable feckin joke..

Oh, I think there are.

Anyway, the worst we're looking at here is a transfer embargo - which would be bad enough but not deadly. If the PL and that commission (made up of an independent chair and 3 people on the PL judicial panel) look at points deductions they'll open up a pandora's box.

The PL will be hoping we get relegated this season to make matters easy for them.
At worst it just means we would have to put a bit of effort into the youth players.

Not that simple though mate, have a read through this thread

"As a reminder, losses for FFP are not the same as those published in a club’s accounts. UEFA do not want to discourage “healthy” expenditure, so many expenses are excluded from break-even calculation, though some “revenue” items are also deducted"

It says UEFA. They have other set of rules. P&S is the PL.

Where's the 21/22 finances ? The one we all we want to see is conveniently not there

Will be released end of this month.

Last edited:
Is there a difference between signings and registering players?
Are signings players transferred for a fee & registrations frees?

See where I'm going here...

No it is UEFA's FFP that has rolled two accounting periods into one to allow for COVID losses.

The Premier League chose a different path and allowed clubs to exclude losses that could be attributed to COVID.

They did both mate.

2019/20 and 2020/21 is assessed as a single year and averaged.

Last edited:

Oh, I think there are.

With the way even the promoted clubs are throwing money around nowadays a transfer embargo would leave us fighting for survival again next year (if we stay up this season). How many windows can it be enforced as well? We need to hope it’s a fine.

835F2724-447B-4A59-B23D-D6E8FDE94FC3.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.