Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the tosh on here about conspiracies, agendas, being made an example of etc is proper tin foil hat stuff. The nonsense about protecting the big 6 etc is right up there with mainstream media and deep state nonsense.

We were one of the original gang that broke away to form the PL. Broke away. The PL wasn’t some cosy fireside chat amongst all 92 clubs. We led a breakaway that shafted the Football League and created the huge disparity in finances between PL and EFL. So let’s not pretend we’re not part of the problem and if we were still where we were in 1992, we’d have been looking at the Super League.

As for FFP, we’ve run up huge, eyewatering losses, been badly run, now living hand to mouth with loans to pay the bills. The idea that we’re being picked on or made an example is laughable. If we’ve broken the rules then we should face the punishment, accept it, apologise and start the work to rebuild our club and reputation.

I just want it done now. Even if we’re found not guilty, it’s probably on a technicality. In my mind we’ve not just broken P&S rules, we’ve blown them up but may yet still escape.

I just want to take any punishment, get the club sold, get through the next 18 months and move into the new stadium. Kenwright has gone (RIP), Morishi soon to follow, the huge spending era is over. Whatever happens with FFP will now hopefully draw a line under a disastrous period in our clubs history and we can get back to a better place.

And as for City and their 100+ changes….theres a lot of whataboutery. We don’t know the context of their breaches. The quantity of breaches is meaningless at this stage. It could be 117 minor technicalities whereas us could be 1 serious breach. It’s all just speculation.

Neither club passes the smell test. It all stinks. City have probably cheated better as they’ve managed to operate in a legally grey area with their funding and some very expensive lawyers will be arguing they’ve not technically broken any rules no matter how much it stinks.
You do realise if we get relegated that stadium probably becomes a white elephant and we face administration

Some of the tosh on here about conspiracies, agendas, being made an example of etc is proper tin foil hat stuff. The nonsense about protecting the big 6 etc is right up there with mainstream media and deep state nonsense.

We were one of the original gang that broke away to form the PL. Broke away. The PL wasn’t some cosy fireside chat amongst all 92 clubs. We led a breakaway that shafted the Football League and created the huge disparity in finances between PL and EFL. So let’s not pretend we’re not part of the problem and if we were still where we were in 1992, we’d have been looking at the Super League

As for FFP, we’ve run up huge, eyewatering losses, been badly run, now living hand to mouth with loans to pay the bills. The idea that we’re being picked on or made an example is laughable. If we’ve broken the rules then we should face the punishment, accept it, apologise and start the work to rebuild our club and reputation.

I just want it done now. Even if we’re found not guilty, it’s probably on a technicality. In my mind we’ve not just broken P&S rules, we’ve blown them up but may yet still escape.

I just want to take any punishment, get the club sold, get through the next 18 months and move into the new stadium. Kenwright has gone (RIP), Morishi soon to follow, the huge spending era is over. Whatever happens with FFP will now hopefully draw a line under a disastrous period in our clubs history and we can get back to a better place.

And as for City and their 100+ changes….theres a lot of whataboutery. We don’t know the context of their breaches. The quantity of breaches is meaningless at this stage. It could be 117 minor technicalities whereas us could be 1 serious breach. It’s all just speculation.

Neither club passes the smell test. It all stinks. City have probably cheated better as they’ve managed to operate in a legally grey area with their funding and some very expensive lawyers will be arguing they’ve not technically broken any rules no matter how much it stinks.
I'm sorry but that's apples and oranges. One terms of the conduct of the clubs involved, they are not comparable and you sound like a kopite trying to make excuses.

You do realise if we get relegated that stadium probably becomes a white elephant and we face administration
I don’t think we’d get relegated even with 12 points deducted (which won’t happen). We’ve enough to stay up this season, especially with 4 weaker teams

We were one of the original gang that broke away to form the PL. Broke away. The PL wasn’t some cosy fireside chat amongst all 92 clubs. We led a breakaway that shafted the Football League and created the huge disparity in finances between PL and EFL. So let’s not pretend we’re not part of the problem and if we were still where we were in 1992, we’d have been looking at the Super League.

Welcome to your first day on GOT mate.

Believe me, when I say that the stuff getting posted by the crazies is completely standard and normal.

Wait until we‘ve just been spanked and the cocaine and the Stella is flowing freely, that’s when you’ll see the real crazy stuff.

1000005838.jpg

Conspiracy time and maybe I need to get some air but if you take a step back and look at the weeks events, I have a theory.

If we put any faith in what Simon Jordan said yesterday about the PL performance being weak, could the 12 point story have been an attempt by the PL to spook Everton in to making a deal?

Admittedly, it would be dependent on Everton wanting to get it over with now, rather than risking the independent outcome.

I'm sorry but that's apples and oranges. One terms of the conduct of the clubs involved, they are not comparable and you sound like a kopite trying to make excuses.
pretty much the attitude on here that’s stopped me from creating an account before and posting. I don’t know why people have to get so defensive and snide.

Fwiw, I’ve not made a comparison. That’s you jumping in and making one up.

All I’ve said is if we were in the top 6 like we were in ‘92, we’d be up for the super league too. Just like the PL breakaway, it’s about more money for the top clubs. I’m not comparing the two leagues but given you seem to be, are you happy that the PL has been good for the league pyramid or given the dominance of 3 or 4 clubs since ‘92, that perhaps it’s been a disaster for the pyramid?

It’s all about greed and our FFP issue is part of it. It’s destroying the game and clubs.

Going back to lurking now.

Bit of sabre rattling woudlnt be any harm, i suspect its a bit late in the day. If its severe an appeal will be in the offing and that might be the moment - when we have more clarity.

We need to realise just how vulnerable the PL is and how dependent they are on the product to a global market, one club can hurt the institution and all clubs.

Take we as a supporter group - we are on TV vs City, why not picket the ground and protest at kickoff for 30 mins outside, the game gets delayed or played in a empty ground and f's up all the TV channels showing it around the world and there are a lot. City fans might even join us.

Also it will show them up - in terms of being able to manage the league with a regulator in the offing.

There is loads of innovative ways to protest' and hurt the PL.

Dont for a minute think football institutions cant be influenced we saw what happened last weekend as a result of the Mordor Vs Spurs game.
I think everyone gets that there'd be no natural justice if Everton were scapegoated for spending more than they were allowed while Man City, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and the Murderers got off with a £3M each for threatening to end the Premier League itself.

It's incredible to believe that could happen. Any points deduction would be a disgrace.

Hmmm, something doesn't pass the smell test ....

I think everyone gets that there'd be no natural justice if Everton were scapegoated for spending more than they were allowed while Man City, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and the Murderers got off with a £3M each.

It's incredible to believe that could happen. Any points deduction would be a disgrace.
I don’t think we will get a 12 point deduction (if found guilty). But it’s worth remembering why this rule exists.
Firstly to stop teams going bankrupt in the pursuit of success. And sadly that’s something we are very close to.
The question then becomes “what is an appropriate punishment”?

What is the punishment that acts as a deterrent?

Secondly, the rule is in place to prevent a sporting advatage for one team over another. And, if I’m Leeds or Burnley then I’m very much going to be claiming that this was the case (again, if guilty) and I will want a deterrent and a punishment.

What would be appropriate in your mind?

(please note that I’m trying to see this objectively rather than from a position of bias)

View attachment 233040

Conspiracy time and maybe I need to get some air but if you take a step back and look at the weeks events, I have a theory.

If we put any faith in what Simon Jordan said yesterday about the PL performance being weak, could the 12 point story have been an attempt by the PL to spook Everton in to making a deal?

Admittedly, it would be dependent on Everton wanting to get it over with now, rather than risking the independent outcome.
It’s a difficult one to call. PL is under huge pressure to get its house in order from the government. UEFA is probably adding some pressure given the excesses of the PL clubs. And P&S rules need to show they have teeth.

On the flip side, I really struggle with 12 points. Feels like posturing from the PL to demonstrate they are taking it seriously and if we get a less points deduction then they can say they demanded the max and the independent commission said less.

If we’re found guilty and it’s a big if for me as I think the breach is down to a technical point then it depends on the context. If it was us actively trying to be deceive then they might come down like a ton of bricks.

If it was our genius executive team thinking they’d found a Man City style legal grey area but have cocked up then we might get a small points deduction.

If it’s a technicality and slightly a matter of opinion (we think it’s fine, PL say it’s not) then I struggle to see how we’ll get a strong punishment.

If I could pick between points deduction and a transfer ban, I’d pick points. We’ve enough this season to stay up and transfer ban will affect us badly given we’re slowly working back to a financial position that gives us some spending power.

Things is we are so bad that 3/4 points loss may take us down

I'd fancy us to make a go of staying up even if we got -12 points. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be rushing the bookies to take advantage of the big odds that would be on offer, but I'd fancy us to make a fight of it for 2 reasons:

1- I believe we are better than at least 3 teams.

2 - I believe it would give us something we've been missing for too long now; a united fan base. It would also be an angry Evertonian fan base. Nothing new I hear you say? Well, no, it's not, but it does seem like for far too long now, most of the anger from ourselves, has been directed at one and other. A united and hostile Goodison is a 'weapon' like no other in a relegation scrap.

I don’t think we’d get relegated even with 12 points deducted (which won’t happen). We’ve enough to stay up this season, especially with 4 weaker teams
Yes we would go down with a 12 point deduction.. I reckon 5 points or more deduction sees us relegated. We really aren't very good at football haven't the last 2 seasons and the start of this season shown that?

Status
Not open for further replies.