Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sickening reading into all of this. Whether it's worth looking into or not, it's still stomach turning seeing all the different things being said. Wonder if the PL went in hard on us, would the 5 other top 6 clubs beside City push to get City treated the exact same as us? Almost in similar fashion to how Leicester, Burnley, Leeds and the others have acted towards us in the past 2 years?

Sickening reading into all of this. Whether it's worth looking into or not, it's still stomach turning seeing all the different things being said. Wonder if the PL went in hard on us, would the 5 other top 6 clubs beside City push to get City treated the exact same as us? Almost in similar fashion to how Leicester, Burnley, Leeds and the others have acted towards us in the past 2 years?
The thing is, City will have done it vastly better than we did.

Dont be surprised if they face no action.

Just saw that on faceache but a load of BS.

reckon at worst like Chelsea we'll end up having a transfer ban. Which TBH we are skint anyway so no biggy.

If we are cleared which I'm very hopeful of, Leeds etc will try their luck again 🥱🥱
Chelseas transfer ban came about following a FIFA charge nothing to do with either the FA/ PL or even UEFA.

The leagues have it within their rules to impose an embargo something that is used following a winding up petition being issued, an Insolvency event , failure to pay football creditors and very occasionally for failure to file statutory information such as Companies House documentation or so decided by the PL meaning it was an Embargo ( not transfer ban ) that we were under following sanctions imposed on Abromavich

Yes it is possible that a transfer ban will follow but an Embargo is far more damaging as you can’t register , sign contract extensions in effect far far worse

The Kopites would. They’d be after the titles, even if they finished third.

I reckon we are guilty. When we somehow blamed Covid for loses of over 170 million which would have brought us under the FFP ruling it was clear as day.
Undoubtedly. But when that set of accounts was released the other 19 clubs were told “no case to answer.” Our relegation rivals said are you sure and were separately told “no case to answer”.

I reckon we may have put stuff in the Covid pot aggressively because we had to (e.g. we could have sold Richy and Dom but couldn’t etc). Probably embarrassed the PL because their rules may have been too vague. Not a great thing for us to exploit, if we did. Then other mitigating factors like Mosh’s pocket money being taken away, our record set piece taking signing being reduced to a saleable value of ABSOLUTE ZERO for reasons outside of football. Seemed like we looked miles over but were only punished with spending restrictions and info sharing.

Seem to be the next set of accounts, that actually show some good progress in righting the ship, that got the PL’s back up. If we have misrepresented something deliberately, or failed to comply with an undisclosed restriction, then we are bang to rights. If the commission does its job properly and finds we have been stupid, there’s little to complain about, other than inconsistency with other clubs.

I agree that they're a huge loss but it wasn't real revenue. I see people accusing City and Newcastle of fake sponsorship and wonder if they're typing with a straight face.
Of course it was real revenue , they companies sponsoring a huge companies and sponsored everything from Finch Farm to the New stadium.

City's are totally different from made up companies & false accounts.

Chelseas transfer ban came about following a FIFA charge nothing to do with either the FA/ PL or even UEFA.

The leagues have it within their rules to impose an embargo something that is used following a winding up petition being issued, an Insolvency event , failure to pay football creditors and very occasionally for failure to file statutory information such as Companies House documentation or so decided by the PL meaning it was an Embargo ( not transfer ban ) that we were under following sanctions imposed on Abromavich

Yes it is possible that a transfer ban will follow but an Embargo is far more damaging as you can’t register , sign contract extensions in effect far far worse
k2exaqcnwfdboqby73sr.png

If that twelve point deduction penalty is imposed, then we're as good as down.

I love Everton but i'm starting to seriously fall out of love with football as a sport right now.

FFP is just something that was imposed to maintain the current status quo at the top of the footballing pyramid imo.
Of course it was.. Manchester United are almost a billion in debt.. nothing about that... and they could still outspend most clubs without and penalty...

Status
Not open for further replies.