Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are docked any points we will be sued by Burnley and Leicester as well. I would like to think the panel are considering the potential ripple effect of any penalty
That would open one Gigantic tin of worms.

Every club that had lost points to Man City over the last 11 years would have a field day , especially ones that have lost their Premier lge status.
Imagine Liverpool or any other teams that have run them close over the years.

I really can't see the authorities wanting to be part of any of this.

Can't see a points deduction unless some under the counter payments were made to players or manager.

Otherwise, if guilty, I would expect a fine and a two year transfer ban, perhaps second year suspended

As for City, expulsion from the Premier League. EPL lawyers not scared of City's team, having easily won an Appeal Court verdict over making public the charges against City.
Not sure why we get a transfer ban as i thought it was about the stadium and not about us getting players in. If the club is guilty should be a fin. Is not like we have broke rules with anything about player sales or adding new players

Alot of assumption here we are guilty and potential punishments, we have been referred, this is not the same as being charged.

If we are charged then we can talk about punishments, as it stands we have no charge so punishment is absolutely nothing. That will change, IF, IF we have been found to have done something wrong.

I`m not convinced we have, I think it is the PL setting the record straight for those other teams that did get relegated.

I`m expecting the commission to clear us, thus clearing the PL aswell. Don`t forget we have been under special measures by the PL for a couple of years, they have also cleared our accounts every year, if we are guilty then so are they.

I can`t see them ruling against themselves....

Alot of assumption here we are guilty and potential punishments, we have been referred, this is not the same as being charged.

If we are charged then we can talk about punishments, as it stands we have no charge so punishment is absolutely nothing. That will change, IF, IF we have been found to have done something wrong.

I`m not convinced we have, I think it is the PL setting the record straight for those other teams that did get relegated.

I`m expecting the commission to clear us, thus clearing the PL aswell. Don`t forget we have been under special measures by the PL for a couple of years, they have also cleared our accounts every year, if we are guilty then so are they.

I can`t see them ruling against themselves....
I agree.

This PL gave the scab 6 a 20M quid fine when they tried to leave for a Euro Super League which would have destroyed their own league; they watch on as United run up a billion quid in debt.

How Everton are the subject of any inquiry as absurd.

I agree.

This PL gave the scab 6 a 20M quid fine when they tried to leave for a Euro Super League which would have destroyed their own league; they watch on as United run up a billion quid in debt.

We have history..
Banned from Europe in 86.. as champions we got punished more than anyone for the actions of others.
An obvious fixing of a draw and match (collina) to keep us out of the CL to benefit the team that got us banned from Europe in the 80s.
Having the first and one of 2 players to get a ban for Diving despite it being widespread and still is.
They like to punish us.

Maybe having to offer Keane s contract extension will be the punishment!
Having him in our squad is punishment enough... The inquiry is on one season we blamed our excessive losses on Covid - more than any club in the Prem - The Premier League was happy with the books at that time - relegated clubs moaned - hence this independent review which will go back to the Premier league as they are responsible OKing it in the first place .... I hope it's just a fine TBH ....

A number of teams have been sanctioned for breaching FFP, including Liverpool.
None have had a points deduction.
It’s near enough impossible for UEFA to deduct points for FFP failures because licences have already been granted.

But also points are only gained over 6 games. In effect they sanction by not allowing you to enter at all, have a squad limit or issue a fine. All of those cannot only be appealed against but also by virtue of UEFA procedures can be appealed at CAS so time lines are massively extended

When it comes to failures of FFP at league level then there are precedent for points deduction maybe not yet the PL bit certainly at EFL with the likes of Reading suffering significantly

Mc Neil might play through the middle?

….I’d much prefer a proper football man who can provide evidence of what he’s achieved in his career rather than somebody who talks the talk and sounds like a politician.

I think it was cancelled as they are incompetent and don't want to answer for their mistakes and knew what was coming down the line R:E ffp.

Give up on your 'ill health' crusade and just focus on the incompetency, thats all thats needed and has the backing of the majority of the fan base.

I worked in Hendersons in 1962 selling luggage, after The Fire! As it was shown in the departmental books. Mostly, trunks for sons of older ladies, for their offsprings' journey abroad.

Not sure what access he has to know more than everyone else is reporting but it’s interesting.

Or just being clever with words: nothing is imminent in the sense that the formalities we know will take months?

Not sure why we get a transfer ban as i thought it was about the stadium and not about us getting players in. If the club is guilty should be a fin. Is not like we have broke rules with anything about player sales or adding new players
This is my speculation, not fact :
From what the club hinted at it sounds as though they did not realise that the interest charges on building construction loans cannot be set against tax, until the building is in ordinary use. Consequently, the club may have found itself with an unexpected bill of £20m(?) they expected to be able to set against tax. And that extra amount meant the total went over the limit.
Sounds unlikely, I know but it fits what was said.
(Moshiri's loans were interest-free so the situation was a new one.)

City will have many charges dropped I'm told.

Not sure that actually can happen at this point.

The Independent Commission has been set up to rule on the charges and all evidence and contact re the charges are through the commission they didn’t lay they charges they will decide If they are proven or not.I would point out it’s not often for charges , once put before a IC not to be proven. It can happen but my guess would be in less than 10% of cases

I agree.

Bang on the money Davek, it’s laughable that it’s got to this stage considering the scab 6s efforts to kill football and man United, Man City and Chelsea’s recent shenanigans in the financial and transfer markets.

I often wonder why the club haven't kicked up a fuss over that Niasse booking retrospectively for diving. How can it be that nobody before or since has had it happen.

If that doesn't stink of bias I'm not sure what does.

FFP, we'll be fine, if they set a precedent with us, the likes of Villa need to be watching over their shoulders. We'll no doubt be the one and only club hit by P&S rules and they'll be changed by time City come to court.

I hate this league, wish I could turn off the Everton connection.
It’s a miss conception that any player has ever had a ban issued retrospectively for diving. That was not what he was charged with. Yellow card offences can not be reviewed retrospectively and simulation is no more that a yellow card offence
Niasse along with a couple of others Lanzini and Bamford and a woman’s footballer whose name I can’t remember were charged with “ Successful deception of a match official “That is that a post match review their simulation led to either a penalty ( even if not scored ) or a sending off.
The chances of a PL player player being charged with such an offence post the introduction of VAR is eliminated as all sending offs and penalties are reviewed as a matter of course

Status
Not open for further replies.