Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I can't see any 3 point penalty.

If we get a deduction then it'll be at least 8-10 points.
Just can’t see that, it would be a bigger penalty than going into administration which is surely a bigger financial benefit.
I know you think a points deduction is unlikely for the same reason, but I think 3/4 points is more likely than a transfer ban.
A fine seems more likely to me, but I worry more about other clubs legal action.
let’s hope we get off.

This is my speculation, not fact :
From what the club hinted at it sounds as though they did not realise that the interest charges on building construction loans cannot be set against tax, until the building is in ordinary use. Consequently, the club may have found itself with an unexpected bill of £20m(?) they expected to be able to set against tax. And that extra amount meant the total went over the limit.
Sounds unlikely, I know but it fits what was said.
(Moshiri's loans were interest-free so the situation was a new one.)
Strange quoting there.

Just can’t see that, it would be a bigger penalty than going into administration which is surely a bigger financial benefit.
I know you think a points deduction is unlikely for the same reason, but I think 3/4 points is more likely than a transfer ban.
A fine seems more likely to me, but I worry more about other clubs legal action.
let’s hope we get off.

I think so too, tbh.

However, if it comes to it, I'd rather take a one window transfer embargo than points off us we don't have to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.