Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think our fortunes are very much linked to City now, what will apply to one will likely app,y to the other, the processes will have to be seen to be parallel.

I wouldn’t rule out a transfer ban tbh for us and them. Be the right amount of seen to be punishing, same time to keeping people tuned in for the drama.

If we had sense we’d hide behind the City process, they’ll handle it well.

Whilst I understand your thinking I can't possibly state that they are similar situations.

City have breaches amounting to over a hundred allegations over 9 years.

Ours is one.

Think our fortunes are very much linked to City now, what will apply to one will likely app,y to the other, the processes will have to be seen to be parallel.

I wouldn’t rule out a transfer ban tbh for us and them. Be the right amount of seen to be punishing, same time to keeping people tuned in for the drama.

If we had sense we’d hide behind the City process, they’ll handle it well.
Whats worse a transfer ban or 6 points deduction say?

Im not sure

In the unlikely event of a transfer embargo of a window - am I right in saying that a club would then have the right to appeal this to the Court of Arbitration for Sport?

If so, and the commission report concluded we had a transfer ban for next summer we'd be able to get past that window and buy the strikers we need.

PL decisions can't be appealed to CAS. City have already been told that.

If they have the board could be facing criminal proceedings if they have knowingly produced a false set of accounts.

I'm not sure our Finance Director and accountants to a man would do so.

I dont think it's any coincidence the PL are in front of a select government committee next week.
To be fair I wasn’t aware of that, is it to do with Russian money in clubs would you know? I know the Sports Minister was in front of them last week on that same issue

Whilst I understand your thinking I can't possibly state that they are similar situations.

City have breaches amounting to over a hundred allegations over 9 years.

Ours is one.

But City have a sovereign wealth fund to throw at this to defend at set precedent. They’ve already done it to Uefa.

But City have a sovereign wealth fund to throw at this to defend at set precedent. They’ve already done it to Uefa.

Agree but I think we will be seen first.
Quicker and easier.

We should be able to employ lawyers of similar ilk to city.

Regardless of the outcome, we will appeal any potential sanctions which will kick it further down the road, if it is an embargo we will get summer to strengthen before it will be imposed, same for points.
But…player is linked to Everton, who are allegedly about to face a transfer ban, meaning a tough season ahead. Player is also linked to Brentford, Brighton, Villa etc. We spent weeks getting knocked back by every average out of favour striker in Europe last window. They won’t be queuing up if this is still rumbling on.

Personally I wouldn’t drag it out if we’ve only just breached, or it’s a technicality. Fess up, agree a few million (raised by the returning beautiful Gomes hosting one of his hug-a-thon events) and crack on with a clean slate.

And whilst we are at it, point out to the independent commission any player that has already admitted breaching betting rules should not be playing PL games.

PL decisions can't be appealed to CAS. City have already been told that.
But they can take it to the courts if so minded. If something is arguably unfair and there's no legitimate appeal route, then City will wipe the floor with them. I'd hope we were similarly belligerent if we get found in breach of any rule.

For clarification, possible punishments.

Premier League FFP possible sanctions

• Compensation
  • Cancel or refuse registration of players
  • Conditional punishment
  • The order for matches to be replayed
  • Points deductions
  • Suspension of club
  • Expulsion of club
  • Order the club pay costs
  • Other order as is deemed fit

I expect a few clubs down at the bottom have cried to the PL in case it goes tits up. The PL worked with our guys to ensure we were OK so have put it out for independent review. If it’s real then DBB should be sacked immediately, if not then we carry on but sack her and BK anyway…..

Status
Not open for further replies.