Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Describe the right man

The reality is, you cant

So you have to base your decision on other things.

Well then no, I wouldn't advocate "sacking" him - not that he can get sacked, he's an assistant manager standing in.

Why "sack" him to bring in someone naff like Cannavaro etc. who is no guarantee to be an improvement and will get sacked in 6-12 months anyway with you leading the charge on the forum.

Use your noggin'.

Well then no, I wouldn't advocate "sacking" him - not that he can get sacked, he's an assistant manager standing in.

Why "sack" him to bring in someone naff like Cannavaro etc. who is no guarantee to be an improvement and will get sacked in 6-12 months anyway with you leading the charge on the forum.

Use your noggin'.
I accept Cannavaro would be the ultimate ridiculous appointment but assuming the next manager isn’t that controversial, I see no reason to ‘accept’ a repeat of the Benitez situation - extended period of failure this time with certain relegation added to the mix.

The last part of that first paragraph suggests you would have wanted Benitez retained which I’m surprised about.

Use your noggin'.

Ferguson has been a part of this failed regime under 6 different managers now.

Cannavaro has won a few trophies and has at least managed teams no matter the level.

Honestly with the time between them it may be the best choice to have some consistency in training maybe?

This is the problem. If a new man came in Monday, that’s almost two weeks till our next PL game, so a lot of training ground time between now and then. On the other hand if there’s no-one suitable available at least Ferguson has a bit of training ground time and then if we appoint someone just before we play again they won’t have had that time to work with the players.

To state the bleeding obvious it’s bloody tough.

I accept Cannavaro would be the ultimate ridiculous appointment but assuming the next manager isn’t that controversial, I see no reason to ‘accept’ a repeat of the Benitez situation - extended period of failure this time with certain relegation added to the mix.

The last part of that first paragraph suggests you would have wanted Benitez retained which I’m surprised about.

How about you don't infer things from my posts and just let me tell you what I'm thinking instead?

Benitez was toxic, we were getting worse every game. We have lost a lot of games this season but that was a rare one where I thought we were very unlucky to lose. We have apparently spoken to Cannavaro, Lampard, maybe Rooney? tried to get Martinez.

None of them we should be panic hiring after today's game. None.

Honestly with the time between them it may be the best choice to have some consistency in training maybe?
Benitez had consistency in training. Didn’t do him any good.

For what it’s worth, dunc is obviously a legend but he’s part of the problem for me, been here for too long and there is no way he is ready to be the manager at Everton.

Get a new manager in, bring his own staff and get new voices and ideas into the club.

How about you don't infer things from my posts and just let me tell you what I'm thinking instead?

Benitez was toxic, we were getting worse every game. We have lost a lot of games this season but that was a rare one where I thought we were very unlucky to lose. We have apparently spoken to Cannavaro, Lampard, maybe Rooney? tried to get Martinez.

None of them we should be panic hiring after today's game. None.
Should he have been sacked much sooner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.