Fellaini to sign new contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a major boost. Obviously it wouldn't mean he'd be here forever, but worst case scenario it allows us to command a higher fee.

I do hope we keep him though, even if it means selling Rodwell.

And moyes was asked just today in his press conference if there was any news on this and his words were "I couldnt really give you any more update than last time,i think its under way,things are happening"

Last edited:
Fellaini signing a new contract would send a message out to everyone that we are moving forward and we will only sell who we want to

He'll only saty if he's been propper bullshitted or somthing is on it's way. No way he'd sign if the current situation is to stay the same....

He'll only saty if he's been propper bullshitted or somthing is on it's way. No way he'd sign if the current situation is to stay the same....

Rubbish. Did Arteta, Cahill and Rodwell need any bull***t promises to entice them to sign ? I don't think so. They signed because they they're happy here : there's a positive team spirit, they've got confidence in Moyes, they're proud to wear the shirt. If Fellaini signs, it will be for similar reasons. I think it's an insult to our players not to give them the benefit of the doubt, to assume that all they care about is money and glory. I'm sure Fellaini wants to win trophies, he wants to play European football, and as his dad keeps reminding him, there are other clubs who can offer a better chance of this than Everton. So if he signs, for me it will prove the cynics wrong, and it will show not that there is money flying around, but that there is a sense of pride and togetherness and a determination to bring success to Everton. Which is something that you can't put a price on.

Felli is our priority, he needs to be kept on a long contract, even if it is at the expense of Rodwell. Fellaini will be world, class, however him and Rodwell bossing our centre mid positions does sound...incredible. Could even be as early as next season if Jack progresses and we keep him.

Our central midfield is amongst the best in the country when at full strength and form, and a lot of it is due to Felli. World beater. I'm sure he understands that when he's that kind of investment for our club that he can't just sod off and be disrespectful towards us - we've given him a lot, he can't possibly be that much of an arse that he attempts to leave free and breaks our entire economy, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.