fellaini and pienaar cm pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt have thought this cm pairing of fellaini and pienaar would quite work , but it was devastatingly effective today.
dejong and barry were second best to every ball going forward and were pretty much chasing shadows going backward.

would you pick the same midfeild again in the next match ?

who would you drop from - donavan fellaini pienaar bily ..... for arteta's return based only on todays performance ?

You could have a pairing of fellaini and hibbert and it would be awesome.

i wouldnt have thought this cm pairing of fellaini and pienaar would quite work , but it was devastatingly effective today.
dejong and barry were second best to every ball going forward and were pretty much chasing shadows going backward.

would you pick the same midfeild again in the next match ?

who would you drop from - donavan fellaini pienaar bily ..... for arteta's return based only on todays performance ?

Cahill.

When we consider that although everyone did well yesterday, Billy is still not firing on all cylinders. Once he gets some confidence under his belt, it will give us even more options. I think the lad could do with playing some 45 minute roles once we are able to do so to give him a bit of a rest.
One little turn in events though, be it luck, or something coming off for him could be all it needs.

As good as Osman and Pienaar has been for us in centre of midfield recently, I can't wait for Arteta being back to see him playing alongside Fellaini in the centre. It has a chance to be really oustanding combination, even better than Defour/Fellaini for Standard - first because of Arteta being better than Defour, and second because of Fellaini's progress here.

It's mad how suddenly we've become boss again.

We've been building towards boss for a few years.

Last season we had to deal with our two top strikers getting hurt in the same game so we had to play a 4-6 for a number of games then Arteta was out for the last third of the season. Plus there was a number of other injuries last year.

With out all of that and the injuries this year it would have been a more gradual building towards bossness. Moyes and his staff have been building a squad of good players and developing them into great players. The staff and teams hard work looks to be coming good in the form of a wonderful team!

The interchangeability of our midfielders is something of a joy, and maybe, just maybe Moyes is building towards a 'total football' type scenario where the opposition have no chance of marking anyone, the quality of the passing we have and the improvement in working the ball to either flank is a really good sign that we are starting to gel and find a familiar style of play that suits every player.

Status
Not open for further replies.