fellaini and pienaar cm pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

uknightbreed

Player Valuation: £35m
i wouldnt have thought this cm pairing of fellaini and pienaar would quite work , but it was devastatingly effective today.
dejong and barry were second best to every ball going forward and were pretty much chasing shadows going backward.

would you pick the same midfeild again in the next match ?

who would you drop from - donavan fellaini pienaar bily ..... for arteta's return based only on todays performance ?

Keep Fellaini and Arteta is the middle. The way Felli has been playing recently will give Mikel more freedom to go forward from the center. Pienaar and Don/ Billy on the wings. Osman on the bench obviously

----------Fellaini----------Arteta----------

Donovan----------Pienaar----------Bilyaletdinov

You could easily play that...

It would work as evidenced today.

However....

When Arteta is fit, he'll be in the middle and Pienaar out on the wing.

Let's see the opposition deal with that.

The absolutely fantastic thing that makes me so happy is that none of those players is [Poor language removed]. Not a single one. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a midfield with so many good players.

We have a very good squad when we are near a fully fit one.Certainly have more depth than the red [Poor language removed] and next season we will show it by finishing above them,might be able to catch them this season yet.

One thing about who we drop to fit in Arteta,Donovan might be close to ending his loan spell by the time the Spanish genius is fit.I'd put Donovan down as a target for the summer though if it is possible to get him.

Possible central midfield pairings at Everton are frightening. Just frightening. Let's hope they can all be kept happy.

If we don't keep hold of Donovan, which I currently hope we do, we need to sign a right sided winger. Look at how fricking amazing we are with balance and the option of switching Peanut in the middle of the park.

I think the great thing about having all of our midfielders fully fit is that we have options, strategic options and the ability to rest players over a long season. When you can rest players and bring in other players of similar quality, you can start to win things. Sign a right back for cover for Baines and we're pretty much sorted I reckon. I can't see us having the injury problems we've has this season again, going forward.

It's funny how to great performances can make you forget the pain of the first half of the season :D

Status
Not open for further replies.