Match Thread FC Twente vs Everton (Wednesday 19th July) 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Wirralese
tumblr_mzgjmp7Fl31spy7ono1_500.gif

Interesting one - I think the fact he came on in the second half with the established names may suggest that he is a little higher in the pecking order than we expect - possibly ahead of Mirallas

Thought the same thing.

If Koeman has no intention of using Dowell then a loan makes sense, the only thing is where he goes is crucial, I'm not sure many Prem managers would be suitable because of Kierans style, i would hope for Eddie Howe at Bournemouth who seems to encourage good football while also promoting a decent work rate

At this rate the only place he's going is straight in the 1st team. I've been banging on about giving him a run, as my personal opinion is he will thrive even more with better quality players around him. He may very well be bored at the u23 level. He's been a standout every year, and he's never been loaned out.

It's interesting that no one has ever called the lad lazy. They just say he "looks" like he's not trying. As I inferred earlier, just because he doesn't run around the pitch like a madman doesn't make him lazy. He's languid. He's like Berbatov was in that regard I think. You think he's just going through the motions and then BANG the ball is in the back of the net.

Quality has to count for something. I really want to see people start talking about what Dowell can do rather than focus on what they think he can't or doesn't do. Goals win matches. Dowell scores goals. All the time. At every level he's played at.

I think tonight showed why McCarthy won’t last here. Always needs an extra touch when everyone else can just move the ball on without the need to slow the move down.

Status
Not open for further replies.