Match Thread FC Twente vs Everton (Wednesday 19th July) 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting one - I think the fact he came on in the second half with the established names may suggest that he is a little higher in the pecking order than we expect - possibly ahead of Mirallas
He could be. He has taken his form from the World Cup into pre season. Would be great to see him push his way into the team throughout the season. Think he will get play time in the cups maybe not the league depending who else we get in.

Rooney was poor

I'd like to see Sandro playing off him. If he can read Rooney's first time touches, it could be a goer. But yeah, Rooney wasn't great today

Must have been watching a different game to most of the rest of us. He was absolutely fine, led the line, pressed, linked well with Klaassen and then visibly eased down at 3-0.

Clearly here to make a difference.

Good win this. Some nice intricate passing and movement, not always coming off, but it's early days. Been a good preseason, so far. Lots for Koeman to think on before the Stoke game. I am guessing it will be a case of getting the right mix of youth vs experience. Dowell particularly standing out today among the young'ns. Not the best of Rooney today, but things may change as the team layout settles down. Transfer window not done, and more preseason games. Every goal and every win for us will keep the spirits up. Bodes well in my book.

Must have been watching a different game to most of the rest of us. He was absolutely fine, led the line, pressed, linked well with Klaassen and then visibly eased down at 3-0.

Clearly here to make a difference.
Think he was better without the ball than with it but some of his one touch play, especially for the first 10 minutes he was on, were decent for sure

Im worried Steklenberg is getting game time, ok I understand Pickford isnt there but our first game is only 8 days away, when is Pickford actually going to be ready and available?

Rooney was fine today, we eased up completely in the second half because we were so much better than Twente!

Status
Not open for further replies.