Match Thread FC Twente vs Everton (Wednesday 19th July) 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowell stood out when he came on gonna be giving koeman a headache unless he loans him out

Interesting one - I think the fact he came on in the second half with the established names may suggest that he is a little higher in the pecking order than we expect - possibly ahead of Mirallas

very positive stuff so far, 3 great goals again today and all from wingers. We're going to most probably play our main system with no wingers, but if they can come off the bench and provide goals like that to break up games we'll have some serious options. A lot of good performances out there, and delighted by another cracker from dowell. I've always said he could go the same way as harry kane with a similar start to each's respective career, but he has that x factor that may just thrive at the top level. Great to see lennon get a goal too.

We seemed much more threatening in the second half with better attacking options on the field. Looking fairly sharp with half a first team missing.

If we got Gylfi and Giroud or another striker in, probably another centre back now Mori is out for 9 months too, I think we should give Dowell / Lookman / Kenny a chance in the first half of the season.

Over the 2 matches the ones that have shone for me are Besic, Barry, Gana, Keane, Lookman and Dowell. Rooney looking OK, Klaasen looking decent, Schnides as good as always. DCL is working hard but doesn't seem a natural goal scorer to me. Davies is huffing and puffing but would have him in the team when we have a battle on. Looking forward to seeing Sandro and Pickman. Going to be difficult to pick a best 11 which bodes well. I see we have just signed another young striker from Holland so we are certainly stocking up for the future as well as the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.