Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Forties so decades of dissappointment. Today was by far the most humiliating. The club has obviously been in far worse positions, almost being relegated for example but the emotional response to the last day escape was happiness and relief. Today was simply shameful.

I'm 41 mate, so I know you've took a beating over the years where Everton find ways to keep on kicking you down. Genuinely upsets me to see a fellow Blue say its the first time they've regretted following Everton.

I don't blame you saying it either mate because this is what this club has done to us.

After the AGM announcements and the Usmanov related further investment details , there must be some pretty embarrassed lads on this thread.
Moshiri is the financial wizard behind Usmanov's wealth , and his front man here at Everton.
So much for the carpetbagger , and no real investment , sell to buy etc.
Hopefully may shut one or two up now , eh ?

In February he will of been here 4 years. He sacked Martinez after finishing 5th and getting us to two semi finals. We are currently 15th but he is being lauded as a genius for chucking Everton's money at Ancelotti.

Forget the appointment of Ancelotti or the next Stadium ruse. The question we should be asking is what has happened to the publication of the accounts. That will be the real litmus test. Why are they being delayed ?

Oh my boy, give it up.

You're 15 points ahead in the league. Enjoy it.

I think you can probably look at Moshiri's tenure here and split it into two broad categories - his ambition and financing on the one side and the decisions he has made on the other.

Nobody can deny he has put his hand in his pocket and tried to propel us forward. You look at the progress on the stadium and know that this time it's the real deal rather than the Kirkby/Kings Dock/Walton Hall Park debacles we've seen in the past. As far as what he has done with his money and his ambition, I can't criticise. It's been a big leap forward.

As far as the decisions he has made, this is where the problems have arisen. His choices of manager (because Koeman, Allardyce and Silva were most definitely his decisions). The decision to bring in Steve Walsh. Etc

We can only hope that the appointments of Ancelotti and Brands (two proven figures in their respective fields to be fair) are proven to be good ones

Most people seem to equate our performance on the pitch with how good an owner is (or at least subconsciously do), I think it's far more complicated than that. Moshiri needs to surround himself with people who are more experienced at making football decisions - Brands' appointment is a good step in that direction and, arguably, even Kenwright's continued presence helps in this regard (*dons tin hat*).

He's put his money where his mouth is, the rest of it is down to the people he employs

I've been an Evertonian for decades and today was by far the most humiliating. In fact it's since Moshiri's arrival that I have, for the first time, regretted choosing to folllow EFC in childhood. I was proud how we did under Moyes considering the lack of finances. He did an outstanding job.
Then in 2016 Usmanov's proxy Moshiri arrived to herald a new era. He's put Alisher's money where his mouth is but implementation of the 'plan' has been a shambolic farce. Firstly and by far the most egregiously being too cowardly or naive to make an unpopular decision and put a Champs League winning manager in charge simply because he used to manage those lot. Paying through the teeth for the middling Koeman probably halved our chances of success.
Utterly baffling that businessmen would deliberately self sabotage like that.
Delivering a school teacher / small charity organiser as CEO instead of going out and getting our Daniel Levy. The list goes on and on. Usmanov / Moshiri seem to lack a basic understanding of the game. They believe that Silva failed because of a lack of experience and nearly landed us with that over the hill no mark Vitor because of it. Wrong. Silva's PL record suggests he's simply not very good.
They've now delivered a 60 something giant on massive wages and a very long contract. If he turns out like the first three they picked, and does a Pellegrini, we'll potentially be looking at the biggest payout in football history. I'm delighted we have someone of Carlo's stature but would you bet against that scenario?
Our owners have been amazingly successful in business but their bumbling buffoonery in the football world has helped to bring us to a new low today. Uncle Alisher may be rich enough to ultimately deliver a stadium but God knows where his atrocious decisions will lead us to on he pitch.

Reading all of that gibbering nonsense, I sincerely regret that you chose to follow Everton too.

Reading all of that gibbering nonsense, I sincerely regret that you chose to follow Everton too.
I can see why you try to hide your posting history but what you're probably incapable of figuring out is that anyone can view it by using the search function.
You make the same simple minded 'kopites are fuming' post over and over across multiple threads. You obviously believe your favourite three word contribution to be so insightful it bears repeating ad infinitum. You must have the intellect of a child.