Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters

You would think that people would have learned from last summer that most of out transfer activity was kept from the media until right up to the very end. This was largely true of Richarlison, Digne and Bernard, Zouma as well.

The signing of Mina was signposted and did drag on for a while and I have no memory if we were linked with Gomes or not.

It was also predicted that we would spend no money whatsoever.

The lesson then that should be learned for this summer is that we don't know how much we will spend or who we will sign.

I think the only thing that would be sensible to accept is the more unwanted players we can sell on or at least loan out the greater the scope to sign new players.

You would think that people would have learned from last summer that most of out transfer activity was kept from the media until right up to the very end. This was largely true of Richarlison, Digne and Bernard, Zouma as well.

The signing of Mina was signposted and did drag on for a while and I have no memory if we were linked with Gomes or not.

It was also predicted that we would spend no money whatsoever.

The lesson then that should be learned for this summer is that we don't know how much we will spend or who we will sign.

I think the only thing that would be sensible to accept is the more unwanted players we can sell on or at least loan out the greater the scope to sign new players.
This is kind of true, but not quite as true as seems to have passed into folklore.

Digne and Mina were quite protracted, Digne was first linked in early July and didn't sign until August. Richarlison was widely linked but most people put it down to lazy journalism due to the Silva link, the actual signing then seemed to come completely out of the blue. Bernard and Gomes were linked a few times throughout the summer but the papers etc never really ran with it as being 'Everton's main target is...'.

It'll be same as before. 75M net. Player sales will be big tho. 100M I'll bet. Massive wage cut though.

A guy doesnt just write 100M checks like he did last summer and the summer before if he doesn't have ambition.