Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,256 92.3%

• Total voters
Where is the 97 mil figure from mate?
Think we've made 13 payments of 2,767,000 and 1 of 1,588,00 then a final payment of 19,500,000 which gives a total of 57,059,000.
Even if I've miscalculated by a year, the maximum is 59,826,000.
There may have been penalties, but not to the tune of 37 mil.
Think the 97 includes the 36 repaid to RMF?

Edit - just checked EIL accounts and assuming payment was made 30 Sep 16 before full repayment in October, the 59,826,000 figure is correct.

Apologies, RMF was 35mil and long term debt repayment about 19.8 mil per the accounts.
But you get what I'm driving at. 97 mil is just wrong.

The significance of the very kind gesture of essentially clearing the debt, freeing us from agencies ripping us off on the interest and allowing us to pay it back as and when it suits us (if ever) can't be underestimated.

We were paying anywhere around 6 million pounds a year to service the debt. It doesn't sound a lot, but year on year that could be the difference between having the money to upgrade Barkley and Lukaku's contracts or not. Alongside that though, is that it gives us more freedom. Towards the end of the Kenwright regime it was clear we relied upon the TV money before we could start signing players. Being able to plan recruitment from May/June will benefit the club going forward.

Perhaps what is most exciting is it hints at two things. 1) Moshiri has far more wealth than the admittedly conservative estimates of around 2 billion. 2) There are other forces at play helping to finance the expansion. There's a lot of links to Usmanov that don't go away. I have no proof but seems there's far more backing than first appears. The ability to send 80 million pounds, interest free is only available to a very select grouping.

The significance of the very kind gesture of essentially clearing the debt, freeing us from agencies ripping us off on the interest and allowing us to pay it back as and when it suits us (if ever) can't be underestimated.

We were paying anywhere around 6 million pounds a year to service the debt. It doesn't sound a lot, but year on year that could be the difference between having the money to upgrade Barkley and Lukaku's contracts or not. Alongside that though, is that it gives us more freedom. Towards the end of the Kenwright regime it was clear we relied upon the TV money before we could start signing players. Being able to plan recruitment from May/June will benefit the club going forward.

Perhaps what is most exciting is it hints at two things. 1) Moshiri has far more wealth than the admittedly conservative estimates of around 2 billion. 2) There are other forces at play helping to finance the expansion. There's a lot of links to Usmanov that don't go away. I have no proof but seems there's far more backing than first appears. The ability to send 80 million pounds, interest free is only available to a very select grouping.

This was my thought too, unless he is going to be extraordinarily generous to us with his personal wealth, and I don't see that as realistic.

Though I'm sure he realises that commercially we must do far better even before the new stadium is ready. Providing an interest-free loan on this scale doesn't go hand in hand with 3rd rate shirt sponsorship and what is recognised as a generally inept commercial operation.

I just hope we see more of his own people being brought in, including a new CEO and grab with both hands the opportunity to build revenue. Elstone sounded like the cat that got the cream in the clip yesterday, if we were back 12 months, the reality would be very different.

Perhaps Moshiri will be here for the long-haul, but since the very early days, I see parallels with Shinawatra at Man City. Whether we can be turned into the sort of club/operation that becomes ripe for a further takeover/investment on a similar scale obviously remains to be seen, but the new stadium is absolutely the single biggest opportunity we will ever have to regain our place in the natural order. The sounds are certainly encouraging both in relation to the location and scope of what is being proposed.

This was my thought too, unless he is going to be extraordinarily generous to us with his personal wealth, and I don't see that as realistic.

Though I'm sure he realises that commercially we must do far better even before the new stadium is ready. Providing an interest-free loan on this scale doesn't go hand in hand with 3rd rate shirt sponsorship and what is recognised as a generally inept commercial operation.

I just hope we see more of his own people being brought in, including a new CEO and grab with both hands the opportunity to build revenue. Elstone sounded like the cat that got the cream in the clip yesterday, if we were back 12 months, the reality would be very different.

Perhaps Moshiri will be here for the long-haul, but since the very early days, I see parallels with Shinawatra at Man City. Whether we can be turned into the sort of club/operation that becomes ripe for a further takeover/investment on a similar scale obviously remains to be seen, but the new stadium is absolutely the single biggest opportunity we will ever have to regain our place in the natural order. The sounds are certainly encouraging both in relation to the location and scope of what is being proposed.

This is very true. Let's not kid ourselves here, he's a very successful businessman and he won't be putting money into something without wanting any in return. This obviously indicates that he plans to greatly increase our revenue, through the new stadium in the long term and much improved sponsorship deals in the shorter term.

Moshiri's loan of £80 million is the enabler that allows the club to move forward. Without the repayment of the secured loan, land purchase or agreement to purchase was just not feasible.

It says a number of things about Moshiri. He's committed to moving the club forwards, he's prepared to fund the necessary steps in our development, and make no mistake it says he's in control.

You don't own 50% of a company, have rights to another 23%, and lend on an unsecured basis unless you are very confident of what's going to happen and your ability to control it.

Knowing many months ago that this had happened is why I have maintained such confidence in our future under Moshiri - we have a great time ahead as Blues.

£80m to a multi billionaire is like me buying my bird an expensive handbag, means nothing except I might get a bit tonight.

We are seeing this theory in action here.

Nothing like Shiniwatra at City....he was using City in an attempt to protect his Far Eastern cash bundle which was under threat by Financial authorities, and City never saw the bulk if any of the promised money. In fact another director paid wages to players and staff for two months at least after Shiniwatras takeover. When his money was about to be seized(in Malaysia?) he had to 'sell' City quickly and he was fortunate that he was big buddies with the sheiks, who stepped in and took the very good opportunity afforded by Shiniwatras (apparent) wrongdoing. All allegedly, of course but from an impeccable journalistic source. Others on GOT have heard the same, from other sources, or maybe the same source.

Moshiri's loan of £80 million is the enabler that allows the club to move forward. Without the repayment of the secured loan, land purchase or agreement to purchase was just not feasible.

It says a number of things about Moshiri. He's committed to moving the club forwards, he's prepared to fund the necessary steps in our development, and make no mistake it says he's in control.

You don't own 50% of a company, have rights to another 23%, and lend on an unsecured basis unless you are very confident of what's going to happen and your ability to control it.

Knowing many months ago that this had happened is why I have maintained such confidence in our future under Moshiri - we have a great time ahead as Blues.

Hi mate, how is he in control if Bill is still chairman, Elstone and woods are on board with addition of Harris, Or are you saying this is his doing?

Another point who was accountable for the summer as the is a set of supporters who see everything bad as Bill and everything positive a Moshiris.

Also can you explain to me why he said he gives the chairman his wholehearted support and 'watch this space' to talk sport then proceeding to sign Valencia?

I am a little confused and your sweeping statement has no validity too suggest a man with 49% is in control but not responsible for failings is ludicrous, unless your narrative means he conveniently delegated the parts of the summer that went wrong/took too long to others and he is perfect.

Thanks.