Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
A red friend of mine texted recently to taunt me after EFC published a list of firsts. He said it's nice you've done all these things, shame you don't have any good players.
I was looking forward to texting back his words with pics of Witsel, Mata etc. I know we could still get them but I won't be texting now and I don't believe we have £100 mill. Prob considerably less.
Still whatever happens with transfers at least the Martinez era is over and we have a good manager / DOF combo.
Is it 2nd September already?

You see this is half the problem. There's a whole generation of this hooked on signings for bragging purposes and to make them feel better, it's like their smack.

Let's wait and see. Granted I'd expected some movement by now but I'd rather we used that money we apparently have wisely rather than in a kopite manner.

You see this is half the problem. There's a whole generation of this hooked on signings for bragging purposes and to make them feel better, it's like their smack.

Let's wait and see. Granted I'd expected some movement by now but I'd rather we used that money we apparently have wisely rather than in a kopite manner.

Yeah but can you write Bullets reply for him to send back to his mate? Just to tide him over until we buy superstars

A long way to go and a lot will happen as the impetus to complete grows as deadline day draws near. There is a possible scenario though that would have seemed like heresy to suggest a couple of weeks ago.
I'm not predicting this will happen but it's plausible we could end up with a negative net spend after all the talk.
We're wisely holding out for big fees for Rom n Stones but if they both go late on and we get a few in at a lower level but can't land most of the bigger targets we may not even fully spend what we take in.
If that scenario plays out the fume is going to be like a volcano in here.

A long way to go and a lot will happen as the impetus to complete grows as deadline day draws near. There is a possible scenario though that would have seemed like heresy to suggest a couple of weeks ago.
I'm not predicting this will happen but it's plausible we could end up with a negative net spend after all the talk.
We're wisely holding out for big fees for Rom n Stones but if they both go late on and we get a few in at a lower level but can't land most of the bigger targets we may not even fully spend what we take in.
If that scenario plays out the fume is going to be like a volcano in here.
I'd have liked to have seen us move faster, it's plausible that Koeman wanted a look at what he had first but hopefully the two listless performances this weekend will urge action.

I'd have liked to have seen us move faster, it's plausible that Koeman wanted a look at what he had first but hopefully the two listless performances this weekend will urge action.

Martinez chatted pyar bubbles 99% of the time, but the thing that I always agreed on was you have to feel at the end of the transfer window you leave it better than you entered it, to be fair to the utter clown he managed it most of the time.

As you say, doubt theres anybody really happy we havent made any moves yet, hell I bet Ronnys a little peeved, but you just gotta be aware that theres still a month left of the window and there will be some transfers happening, all over the show, its gonna be biblical.

Martinez chatted pyar bubbles 99% of the time, but the thing that I always agreed on was you have to feel at the end of the transfer window you leave it better than you entered it, to be fair to the utter clown he managed it most of the time.

As you say, doubt theres anybody really happy we havent made any moves yet, hell I bet Ronnys a little peeved, but you just gotta be aware that theres still a month left of the window and there will be some transfers happening, all over the show, its gonna be biblical.

Some people are seriously under estimating the damage done to the clubs reputation by the previous manager/regime. Fixing it will take at least a couple of seasons in my view, by steady and at sometimes painful progress. I'm sure the club are in the market for top players, convincing them to come to a seemingly 'broken' club is proving very difficult I'm sure, regardless of funds available. This is why we've invested so heavily in Koeman to steer us through some potentially choppy waters. As long as I see the club changing for the better, not just the team on the pitch, then I'll be satisfied. Money alone will not put this club back at the top table, the infrastructure has to be right first.

Like UTD under LVG and guess who theyve got as manager and which players theyve signed?!

After all the Kenwright tripe for years and years, we have given Moshiri less then 6 months but already he has set plans:
to reverb Goodison instead of blue gravel,
brought in staff to the board, squad and team to improve us,
looking at building a new ground in Liverpool docks,
we will smash our transfer record and wage bill,
bring in players to improve our squad

Wind your necks in

Some people are seriously under estimating the damage done to the clubs reputation by the previous manager/regime. Fixing it will take at least a couple of seasons in my view, by steady and at sometimes painful progress. I'm sure the club are in the market for top players, convincing them to come to a seemingly 'broken' club is proving very difficult I'm sure, regardless of funds available. This is why we've invested so heavily in Koeman to steer us through some potentially choppy waters. As long as I see the club changing for the better, not just the team on the pitch, then I'll be satisfied. Money alone will not put this club back at the top table, the infrastructure has to be right first.
Excellent point.