Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
When did Emirates sign the naming rights deal? If it hasn't been renegotiated since the original deal, it will be way less than they could get now. I do agree that we are probably looking at 20-30m for total deal.

However, you have to factor in that we now have actual corporate hospitality, which has sold out for the next 3 years. Add in a definite ticket price hike (I reckon about 75 quid increase per season ticket) over a bigger capacity as well as potential non-footballing revenue (concerts etc). The stadium won't make us rich, but it will massively increase revenue and hopefully make us more attractive for commercial deals, and financial restructuring.
The Emirates naming rights deal was signed in 2013. The thing is, though, stadium naming rights deals really haven't grown much, if any, in value since that point and their deal remains pretty much as high as they go. If you look up the most lucrative deals in place today, you'll find a bunch of capital city clubs that usually play in the champions league, Bayern, and related parties deals. A lot of people out there will speculate stuff like that old trafford's could go for 30M or something, but then those deals never happen.
One of the biggest deals in football was also actually signed in 2013 with Besiktas, 10 year deal with a 5 year option. I'm not sure whether it was the club or the sponsor, but their stadium does not seem to carry the sponsor's name anymore, so it looks like it was not extended and now the stadium has no naming rights sponsor. I'd be shocked if the club turned down free money on this one.

I'll be very happy to be wrong if somebody rolls in with a giant offer, but all signs point to that market not being particularly strong, especially for clubs that aren't in major international hubs and are regularly on the wrong end of the table.

The Emirates naming rights deal was signed in 2013. The thing is, though, stadium naming rights deals really haven't grown much, if any, in value since that point and their deal remains pretty much as high as they go. If you look up the most lucrative deals in place today, you'll find a bunch of capital city clubs that usually play in the champions league, Bayern, and related parties deals. A lot of people out there will speculate stuff like that old trafford's could go for 30M or something, but then those deals never happen.
One of the biggest deals in football was also actually signed in 2013 with Besiktas, 10 year deal with a 5 year option. I'm not sure whether it was the club or the sponsor, but their stadium does not seem to carry the sponsor's name anymore, so it looks like it was not extended and now the stadium has no naming rights sponsor. I'd be shocked if the club turned down free money on this one.

I'll be very happy to be wrong if somebody rolls in with a giant offer, but all signs point to that market not being particularly strong, especially for clubs that aren't in major international hubs and are regularly on the wrong end of the table.
All good points you make. I wonder if we would be allowed a huge illuminated neon advert on the riverside of the stadium lit 365 nights a year? Might bump the price up at least a bit.

The fella should cover every single debt he has accrued and saddled us with.

Then he should pay the balance to finish the stadium

Then he should sell us for £1 to the best people who can take us forward.

And just before he sells us for £1, he should make a public apology to every Evertonian for 2 things.

1. For keeping Kenwright on.
2. For doing his absolute worst and nearly finishing off an institution which has lasted 125 years and been passed through generations

If he did all that, then maybe, just maybe he could walk away with his head held high and we'll call it quits.

The fella should cover every single debt he has accrued and saddled us with.

Then he should pay the balance to finish the stadium

Then he should sell us for £1 to the best people who can take us forward.

And just before he sells us for £1, he should make a public apology to every Evertonian for 2 things.

1. For keeping Kenwright on.
2. For doing his absolute worst and nearly finishing off an institution which has lasted 125 years and been passed through generations

If he did all that, then maybe, just maybe he could walk away with his head held high and we'll call it quits.

That would be nice but this charlatan’s probably sipping an expensive whisky in Monaco without a care in the world.

Football, the people’s game.

All good points you make. I wonder if we would be allowed a huge illuminated neon advert on the riverside of the stadium lit 365 nights a year? Might bump the price up at least a bit.
In Seattle they rebuilt the basketball arena in the mid-90s, and as part of it they basically did exactly that. Key Bank had their giant red logo and name basically all over the top. There was controversy about it because people thought it would dominate the view, which was an issue given that the arena is practically immediately below the most famous structure of the city (the space needle). In the end, for about a year or two people noticed it a little and it faded into the background.

I'd have to bow down to the sports business experts out there on this, but the impression I've gotten is that naming rights values are really tightly tied to some combination of the current success of the club (which is tied to how many games actually get played at the stadium), the size of the city the club is in, and whether people will actually refer to the stadium by that name. I could see a little bump from strategic visual location within the city, plus having the name associated with the ground from its opening (the only way you'll typically get anybody other than TV announcers to call it by the sponsor's name), but all those ones that still don't reach 10M annually also had the naming rights from opening and on an international level (which is what matters here) the other characteristics in this case are far beyond what we have to offer. And even then, a relative lack of growth in this area tells me that corporations are not nearly as interested in this particular sponsorship, especially relative to getting their name on any article clothing with a club's badge.