Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
He seems to be in full on Mike Ashley mode now. Asset striping the squad with minimal investment just clawing as much money as he can before selling it on. This man and his cohort Kenwright have been a real blight on this club, I hope they are remembered in our history books forever as the crooks they are.
Typically history is written by the victors, unfortunately.

Bettering the books for an imminent investment or sale?
One would hope so! All gone very quiet on 777 after people saying something was imminent! Although imminent in terms of buying a football club is probably different to a transfer lol

I’d say it’s definitely a case of improving the balance sheet. Either for a sale or ahead of the FFP hearing.

I hear the "Persians" are allergic to Spartans. I suggest that we dress up like ones and scare the sh*t out him.

"This is Everton!!!! Booooooooooo......."

ill-let-myself-out-i-will-let-myself-out.gif

It should’ve come to a head this summer and we should’ve forced this owner out. But because we stayed up the protests stopped again, exactly the same as last year. Wing and a prayer once again hoping we scrape survival this season.
100%

Apathy FC comes to the fore once again. When the NSNOW called for another protest at the liver buildings and about 100 showed up on a gloriously sunny day it proved it was done until the next crisis arrives.
If the Goodison crowd call for him to go, he will have to lower his asking price, and we will get a sale
He's never there so Matchday protests have no impact on him (personally) whatsoever.
We need a takeover right now to save the club
True that!

The issue isn't just Moshiri wanting to recoup a good amount of the money he (his rotund mate) has spent, there's the additional 300 ish needed for the stadium, the 150+ to pay off rights and media (I'm more and more convinced Kenwright is involved in the background) and a fair chunk for players.

The pool of buyers willing to spend that kind of money is pretty small. Those hoping the government will properly investigate the Everton funding are going to be disappointed, we're just not that big of a deal.

100%

Apathy FC comes to the fore once again. When the NSNOW called for another protest at the liver buildings and about 100 showed up on a gloriously sunny day it proved it was done until the next crisis arrives.

He's never there so Matchday protests have no impact on him (personally) whatsoever.

True that!

The issue isn't just Moshiri wanting to recoup a good amount of the money he (his rotund mate) has spent, there's the additional 300 ish needed for the stadium, the 150+ to pay off rights and media (I'm more and more convinced Kenwright is involved in the background) and a fair chunk for players.

The pool of buyers willing to spend that kind of money is pretty small. Those hoping the government will properly investigate the Everton funding are going to be disappointed, we're just not that big of a deal.
Tbh I wouldn't want any money being allocated towards new players until we actually have a proper recruitment team in place and a proper recruitment strategy. I know Thelwell has his hands tied behind his back somewhat but I'm still not 100% convinced by what him and Purdy and others are doing.

Tbh I wouldn't want any money being allocated towards new players until we actually have a proper recruitment team in place and a proper recruitment strategy. I know Thelwell has his hands tied behind his back somewhat but I'm still not 100% convinced by what him and Purdy and others are doing.
Sadly, not being 100% convinced doesn't mean we can't put it all on hold.

I also don't think it's cause to shuffle the deck again. A DoF needs 3 to 5 years with no interference to be judged fairly.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the Moshiri thread by talking about Thelwells suitability the wider point remains, Everton needs massive investment. Unbelievably after what's been spent.