Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
From BBC

Former Everton winger Pat Nevin says Everton's recent downfall can't only be blamed on their managers, of which none can be classed as a success.
He told BBC Radio 5 Live's Monday Night Club that Toffees fans think Frank Lampard had to go, but "there is something darker" going on at the club.
"It doesn’t come to where it is just now with a club like Everton overnight. It takes a long time for them to fall where they have fallen,2 said Nevin.
"A lot of fans think Frank had to go. He's not getting wins and if he’s not getting those points you are going to lose your job, there’s no doubt. But if you start looking a little bit further back - since 2016 and the managers they have had in - who really has been a success?
"For a team that would like to be in the top echelons of the league, I don’t think they are close to it and they haven’t been close to it for a long time. If they aren’t careful, it’s going to be a hell of a long time before they get back."
New York Times chief football correspondent Rory Smith added: "There is an identity issue with Everton. The basic issue that Everton have is that their history is a real burden for them becoming a modern club.
"Everton are chasing something they can’t quite catch and Moshiri doesn’t seem to be willing or able to put in place the sort of plan you need to try to close the gap on the top six."
Listen to Football Daily on BBC Sounds
Article Reactions

0 likes0

• Dislike
    3 dislikes3
Speaking before the news broke, Daily Telegraph journalist Luke Edwards expected Lampard to pay for Everton's poor form.

Defeat at fellow strugglers West Ham on Saturday made it 10 without a win in all competitions for Lampard, leaving his job prospects hanging by a thread.

However, Edwards told the Transfer Gossip Daily podcast that dismissing Lampard was not the answer.

"They probably feel in the boardroom they have no choice but to sack the manager," he said.

"But their situation reminds me of Sunderland. They were stuck in a spiral of bringing in a high-profile manager to save them from relegation until eventually they went down.

"It does not matter what changes in the dugout. The toxicity of the situation, the lack of plan, the muddled appointment of managers - Everton are in a real mess.

"Unless they give someone the time to implement their blueprint, they will stay in a cul-de-sac of failure."

Agreed relegation is disasterous.

My fear stops when he sells up, he has been the very worst of owners especially letting this board run things for him.

New owners , total clear out ( needed more than anything ) & i'le take my chance they will be professional and get the right structure and employee's in place.

That way more than the stadium is what needs to be done.
Nah mate, not too sure on that...unless he sells to a spend thrift white knight...see 'The Greater Fool Theory.'

No you don’t. Look to our whole period of underachieving. It preceded Moshiri and continues to this day. That’s down to Bill. Meanwhile our commercial side is appalling and we turnover less than a third of the RS. That’s down to DBB who is woefully under qualified for the role. Funds are not being generated which limits us via FFP, Moshiri gave these two idiots all the money in the world to buy players and we have crap. Bill and DBB are to blame….
After 6 years, if you are continuing to employ your senior staff, who are responsible for destroying all areas of your company.. you're a bigger idiot then they are.

Would honestly rather we play in the Championship for the next 10 year than have this wee rat anywhere near our club anymore.
The wee tit hasn't a care in the world about Everton football club.