Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
The most interesting quote was:

It’s something I wasn’t used to so I didn’t really know a lot about it because there seemed to be a lot of cross-fertilisation with my role"

This is a tacit admission that his role is diminishing quickly as mentioned previously:

"I think it's (DoF appointment) a large part of removing the influence of the old guard whilst they remain shareholders and directors.

This is spot on. Most of the other stuff is what we already know about Moshiri. I expect we will see a lot of similar journalism like this love the next 3 months as they begin to catch up with whats happening.

My own view was that Kenwright did perform a lot of the Director of football stuff when he was chairman. Not in terms of the smalls day to day stuff but more the big vision. Importantly on transfer he helped draw up plans with managers for signings. He saw himself as the figure of stability even if managers came and went.

The appointment of a DOF will essentially reduce Kenwright to a rightful role of a figurehead. I'm not surprised Moshiri wanted someone qualified in there. The DOF is not all, or mainly about sidelining Kenwright but it is a nice little bonus.

The other interesting bit I pick out is the stadium. He is quite bullish about a stadium there. They must be progressing positively if they are happy for him to go public with such statements, or he's made a bit of a mistake going public.

We have been used to famous "watch this space" gestures from Kenwright and there has been a malaise and distrust of the board as a result. However anything that now comes out, even if it's from the same people/person should be taken very seriously. Nothing being done to pacify the fans. Things will be mentioned because they are progressing.

I think the media perception will change massively by the end of August. Not all of it will be positive. There will be a layer of journalists who will be annoyed and jealous that we are daring to break the top 4. Expect a lot of cynical pressure to be applied to Koeman/Everton. A sort of "who do they think they are".

Anyway an interesting interview, Kenwright is always good value. However I am now sure that majority of it is genuine as he is finally just the messenger not the person doing the work.

Surley we will be more clinical negotiating transfers now bill clearly has decided to step down as our resident DOF!
Kinnel...Bill's fax whilst aproaching clubs for players would read like a corrie script!

Moshiri seems the real deal!
We've gone from negotiating with Frank Spencer as our spearhead!....to Raymond Reddington!
....Let the good times roll blues :celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

I like Bill as our new official PR mascot with a future role of a 'life president' tbh. As long as he has no real say. And well it definetely took some time but he was probably right about that thing that there is no better salesman for Everton than him. :dance:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...n-version-of-chelsea-owner-abramovich-4134554

Moshiri will not be Everton version of Chelsea owner Abramovich
by Andrew Slevison35 minutes ago< 500 READS
SHARE THE LOVE
image:

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright insists new majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri will not act as a Roman Abramovich-like figure.

The British-Iranian businessman took charge at Goodison Park earlier this year and there is a buzz surrounding the club as he gets set to launch a new era.

Kenwright is just as excited as every other Toffee as to what the future holds but has made it clear that the club will not be run in a similar manner as Abramovich does at Chelsea.

"Farhad absolutely has a vision for this football club," he said.

"It involves the Champions League and a new stadium.

"Is he going Roman Abramovich? No, I think that model is sort of gone, but he absolutely looks at Everton as his big adventure.

"I know my Everton, he knows the world game. Ask him about Yarmolenko – and that's not a hint! – and he'll say how he knows him inside out and backwards.

"He has been looking at football for his big adventure and met a lot of clubs and found the beating heart he was looking for in Everton."

That random yarmalenko mention is utterly bizarre but love hearing the aim of CL + new stadium
Maybe we have been talking and listening to Moshiri for some time, in the hope of him buying us. Maybe he was the one saying we should go for Yarmalenko and .... Niasse.