Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,264 92.2%

• Total voters
Yeah this Stadium will be a massive noose around our neck for years to come.

And guess who is gonna pay for it? Thats right, the fans.

It was attractive when Mosh was gonna build it, but currently its getting built and nobody is paying for it, the debt is sitting there, accruing daily interest, crippling the club.

Im not saying we shouldnt have built it, it made sense pre-Ukraine, but this is post-Ukraine and whilst it will great to watch games in it, it wont be the silver bullet we hoped.

The stadium pays for the stadium. Ask yourself what would you rather have, a stadium for at worst costs us a few million a year, but evidence we make a lot more money than at Goodison OR stay at Goodison and continue to see all our rivals to pull ahead of us in terms of income generation? How does that help us as a club, someone needed to pull the trigger...painful or not.

For instance would City have been bought without the COMS being in place first? It makes us a better prospect. Eventually inflation will put the debt at a smaller ratio to turnover and probably before that interest rates come down and we can refinance at a lower yearly cost. At that stage we can start turning that into a assembling a better playing squad without the reliance on a sugar daddy.

The stadium pays for the stadium. Ask yourself what would you rather have, a stadium for at worst costs us a few million a year, but evidence we make a lot more money than at Goodison OR stay at Goodison and continue to see all our rivals to pull ahead of us in terms of income generation? How does that help us as a club, someone needed to pull the trigger...painful or not.

For instance would City have been bought without the COMS being in place first? It makes us a better prospect. Eventually inflation will put the debt at a smaller ratio to turnover and probably before that interest rates come down and we can refinance at a lower yearly cost. At that stage we can start turning that into a assembling a better playing squad without the reliance on a sugar daddy.
Your wonderful Mecca is many, many years away tho mate.

We do need to move from Goodison tho, I dont think thats in dispute.

Why? It’s nearly built?

No hot air about it, it’s what personally been a dream of mine since the renders for kings dock to have a world class stadium on the docks and the design is incredibly taking into account the current surroundings.

Hypothetically id take a few seasons of struggle to get it. The commercial revenue is ten fold compared to goodison and is our new home for a long time.

Also the regeneration of the north end of Liverpool getting 1bn a year and docks is something we’ve been needing.

I’d like to thank him for that (or his oligarch overlord) at least.
I'd agree with your point regarding the stadium, if, and it's a big if, it had have been financed correctly, Moshiri chose to go down the 'lets let Usmanov provide the money,' route, now uncle Alisher is sanctioned and we are skint and getting loans from Florida gangsters, allegedly, and also allegedly Philip Green at huge interest rates.

The revenue streams are offset by us paying debt on the stadium and will be for a while it seems.
It will help long term but I just don’t see it having a big impact. Matchday revenue is dwarfed by broadcasting deals.

The stadium itself is a 1bn asset (it would cost easily that or more if we started building it later).

The naming rights (already been offered), the world class hospitality, the revenue from fans before during and after.

The 7 day a week stadium. Amazing restaurants and bars to be used all week.

I appreciate the concern on offsetting the debt but without it and staying at goodison we will definitely get worse or at best, stagnate but we don’t have a Moyes anymore.

I'd agree with your point regarding the stadium, if, and it's a big if, it had have been financed correctly, Moshiri chose to go down the 'lets let Usmanov provide the money,' route, now uncle Alisher is sanctioned and we are skint and getting loans from Florida gangsters, allegedly, and also allegedly Philip Green at huge interest rates.

Where are the Green links coming from? Please don’t say who I think.

Your wonderful Mecca is many, many years away tho mate.

We do need to move from Goodison tho, I dont think thats in dispute.

It's not mecca and I don't even want to pretend to say it will take us to the very top. At the moment we are about where we are in the league in terms of match day income, we of course earn a bit more in sponsorship. But how long can we trade on our past before that stops and teams like Wolves etc. earn the same if not more? Then if they finish a few places above us in the league, with more matchday income, suddenly EVERY player trading decision we have to be perfect or we'll fail to cling on to the coat tails of average clubs.

The idea is to as quickly jump ahead of clubs like that so we aren't looking over our shoulders every year. Even with the stupid interest rates I believe we will draw an income by year 2, within 3 we can refinance to a hefty but still considerably less taxing loan. At that point we'll be able to create a 20 or so million uplift and that will start to turn that dream of just being confident of being in the division at the end of every season into a reality. So I don't see it as many years at all.

It's not mecca and I don't even want to pretend to say it will take us to the very top. At the moment we are about where we are in the league in terms of match day income, we of course earn a bit more in sponsorship. But how long can we trade on our past before that stops and teams like Wolves etc. earn the same if not more? Then if they finish a few places above us in the league, with more matchday income, suddenly EVERY player trading decision we have to be perfect or we'll fail to cling on to the coat tails of average clubs.

The idea is to as quickly jump ahead of clubs like that so we aren't looking over our shoulders every year. Even with the stupid interest rates I believe we will draw an income by year 2, within 3 we can refinance to a hefty but still considerably less taxing loan. At that point we'll be able to create a 20 or so million uplift and that will start to turn that dream of just being confident of being in the division at the end of every season into a reality. So I don't see it as many years at all.

Do we even have stadium debt ? I thought it was being funded via the ownership then post sanctions MSP & 777 have loaned us cash - in 777's case those loans are supposedly being turned into equity should they takeover and more than likely a takeover will see MSP & R&M paid off.

Fair play mate, if you really think 800million+ debt is gonna disappear in 3 years then I am with you.

Pass it along.

Do we even have stadium debt ? I thought it was being funded via the ownership then post sanctions MSP & 777 have loaned us cash - in 777's case those loans are supposedly being turned into equity should they takeover and more than likely a takeover will see MSP & R&M paid off.

It's hard to say isn't it. I don't think anyone knows how much will be converted, how much of the stadium has been already paid by Moshiri? I've seen people say we are in debt by 1 billion. If true and that's saying the whole stadium debt and about £250 million more is on us. I would hope it would be less than that but even so, like Wyness (& @BullensRoad above) said, the cost to build the stadium now would be beyond that value.

It's hard to say isn't it. I don't think anyone knows how much will be converted, how much of the stadium has been already paid by Moshiri? I've seen people say we are in debt by 1 billion. If true and that's saying the whole stadium debt and about £250 million more is on us. I would hope it would be less than that but even so, like Wyness (& @BullensRoad above) said, the cost to build the stadium now would be beyond that value.
1.4billion in debt, currently, assuming Moshiri wants his loans repaying.

And we arent selling the Stadium so its value matters not a jot.

Fair play mate, if you really think 800million+ debt is gonna disappear in 3 years then I am with you.

Pass it along.

That's just being facetious Goat, the debt will remain for the next 30/40/50 years or longer. The point that counts for us is when the repayments to service that debt + the 13-15 million we currently get at Goodison are less than the income generated by the new stadium. As soon as that happens it validates the building of the stadium as we have more money to spend on the team than we have now.

That's just being facetious Goat, the debt will remain for the next 30/40/50 years or longer. The point that counts for us is when the repayments to service that debt + the 13-15 million we currently get at Goodison are less than the income generated by the new stadium. As soon as that happens it validates the building of the stadium as we have more money to spend on the team than we have now.
Which brings us back to the point I should have highlighted, Everton fans will pay off the debt.

And I did say we needed a new Stadium, more income streams is very welcome and yes, it does make us more attractive to potential buyers in the future, once all the "noise" settles down.

And we arent selling the Stadium so its value matters not a jot.

No one said anything selling the stadium, it would be what any incoming owner would have potentially had to face had we not had a stadium. Therefore any debt south of the cost to build a new stadium still looks like a decent deal to any prospective buyer.

I will take your word on the total debt, I'm not sure how anyone truly knows at the moment though.