Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
Is anyone else hugely concerned about the ongoing funding of the stadium? I am having visions of us becoming the next Valencia with an unfinished stadium just sitting there on an abandoned building yard.

Moshiri needs to do one of two things. He either, and preferably, must sell us to someone who has the means to fund the stadium build or he must secure us third-party funding that will cover the whole construction. The lack of transparency about how this is getting paid for is very worrying given that the club were never supposed to incur these kinds of costs ourselves.

We were originally using a SPV from the council and then we shifted to trying to find funding which delayed the initial announcement of the stadium.

Yes and No. Bill should have long gone years ago, he had his time and he should just let someone else have a gone unhindered end of. The big thing for me under Moshiri has been the over influence of Kia Joorabchian. He is well known to be Farhads 'football advisor' and he is a guy who destroys football clubs wherever he gets involved in them, Reading, QPR, Inter, West Ham and others. Thats before you even mention the countless dodgy dealings which mean he is no longer an official agent as such as he can't hold a license and has to operate through shared ownership companies. The day we let him into the club it was game over for me, there was only one way things were going.
Certainly the Moshiri / Joorabchian friendship has proved detrimental to the club. But ultimately he is only an agent to be used as required and if the fundamental structure of the club had been in place it should have been robust enough to set the terms of engagement and only accept players as requested.

Please can you turn the lights off as you close the door, utter weapon of an owner, utterly clueless about football.

I fear for Everton next season, whether Lampard can turn the results he did toward the end of the season remains to be seen. We've sold one of our best, talisman players, with little sign of replacements coming in.

Its horrible to see the basket case of a club we have become. An utter joke, and when you go, please take the slavering chubby teletubby with you.

I wouldn't bother mate - the bedwetting bandits will counter anything you say with "something something carpetbagger" "something something someone elses dough".

Without Moshiri there was no Usmanov money same way without Shiekh Mansour City have no unlimited Abu Dhabi state funds.

Good post though - mirrors what the silent majority in the fanbase feel that Moshers has ultimately failed but gave it a damn good go with big investment for players and kick starting our new stadium build.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

AC6D8BD1-2E6C-4CB3-8304-854EA586BE9A.jpeg

Is anyone else hugely concerned about the ongoing funding of the stadium? I am having visions of us becoming the next Valencia with an unfinished stadium just sitting there on an abandoned building yard.

Moshiri needs to do one of two things. He either, and preferably, must sell us to someone who has the means to fund the stadium build or he must secure us third-party funding that will cover the whole construction. The lack of transparency about how this is getting paid for is very worrying given that the club were never supposed to incur these kinds of costs ourselves.

We were originally using a SPV from the council and then we shifted to trying to find funding which delayed the initial announcement of the stadium.
Yes I'm deeply concerned. I wouldn't be so presumptuous to think everything is boxed off on that front.

We know that funding has not been secured. From what I've read, it is because the market do not have confidence in our management & leadership, sadly, that would not come as a surprise to anyone.

We've lost support from Usmanov/USM and it seems reasonable to assume Moshiri's personal wealth is tied up in large part with his relationship and business dealings with Usmanov and his equity in USM and holding companies.

So Moshiri has seemingly been making noises to secure investment from outside the normal commercial financing routes and this is where we are now.

80% of the stadium/ca. £400m still has to be found and committed. It seems Moshiri will have to continue to fund it in installments which seems an extraordinary undertaking given the other losses he has accumulated, or the club will indeed have to be sold.

I guess the good thing is that construction is now well underway and we have a fixed price for the remainder of the development I think. But I'm concerned. Things seem precarious to me on every front.

I agree with most of it mate not the first point tho , he employed them to pick the players and backed them if that’s what the manager dof wants then you back them other wise he’d be gettin accused of meddling Walsh and brands both came with decent reps but both ended up being useless
That's it in a nutshell for me,as you say their CVs pointed to being solid appointments.

What would it take for you to want Moshiri out this club mate?
Don't. He wants us relegated so he can have a day out at Wembley in the play offs (doesn't even want automatic promotion). He would be fine with us going down.

And he thinks he is the voice of the supposed silent majority. The same majority who didn't want the last manager sacked etc.

Just as long as we aren't owned by those pesky Yanks, he is happy for moshiri to send us down.

Yes I'm deeply concerned. I wouldn't be so presumptuous to think everything is boxed off on that front.

We know that funding has not been secured. From what I've read, it is because the market do not have confidence in our management & leadership, sadly, that would not come as a surprise to anyone.

We've lost support from Usmanov/USM and it seems reasonable to assume Moshiri's personal wealth is tied up in large part with his relationship and business dealings with Usmanov and his equity in USM and holding companies.

So Moshiri has seemingly been making noises to secure investment from outside the normal commercial financing routes and this is where we are now.

80% of the stadium/ca. £400m still has to be found and committed. It seems Moshiri will have to continue to fund it in installments which seems an extraordinary undertaking given the other losses he has accumulated, or the club will indeed have to be sold.

I guess the good thing is that construction is now well underway and we have a fixed price for the remainder of the development I think. But I'm concerned. Things seem precarious to me on every front.
I would have no problems with us using external finance to fund the development, Abramovich was going to do it for the Stamford Bridge redevelopment if he was ever able to get that off the ground and he is far wealthier than Moshiri is so pursuing finance seemed normal to me. How we haven't secured the full amount though is very concerning as I thought it would have been something forthcoming once we moved away from the SPV with the council.

It's something we're going to have to box off soon otherwise the installments that you allude to may well get paid using player sales as I fail to see how Moshiri can pick up the tab for us anymore. There have to be major questions surrounding his personal liquidity given who and where his money comes from.

I wouldn't bother mate - the bedwetting bandits will counter anything you say with "something something carpetbagger" "something something someone elses dough".

Without Moshiri there was no Usmanov money same way without Shiekh Mansour City have no unlimited Abu Dhabi state funds.

Good post though - mirrors what the silent majority in the fanbase feel that Moshers has ultimately failed but gave it a damn good go with big investment for players and kick starting our new stadium build.

Good intentions but terrible execution

Even if he hadn't lost Usmanov as backer, I don't feel he could ever recover what good will was once had.

He has made his bed. Time to go I think, but please to a financier who can help us compete at the very top in all specs of the club.

Thank him for making the Stadium happen, hope he sees it through, and it is ultimately ours though.

Even some of that is ambiguous at the moment.

Less said about BK the better.
Good times?!?!