Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
I found it difficult but I did change my opinion from pleased to disappointed. I don't think it's for lack of trying by Moshiri but it's just not worked has it. There have been elements of bad luck involved and bad decisions. And the club has gone backwards since he arrived.

I do think he has tried though, he has provided funding when needed and brought in big name players and managers. I just think the landscape of the Premier league is very difficult and ffp is designed to keep the house in order and it has most certainly done exactly that.

He will likely have to stay until the stadium is built, or may have to dilute his shareholding if he needs a partner.

The stadium is everything. Complete it and he could and should leave.

We are a more attractive proposition then, and won't be hindered by Kenwright insisting he stays on.

Things always change. Moshiri won't be around forever and we could hardly do worse with someone else at the helm.

His ownership by and large has been a disaster from day one, the stadium is the only saving grace and that's still open to question.

If it so happened that it wasn't completed, then he is finished here anyway.

I found it difficult but I did change my opinion from pleased to disappointed. I don't think it's for lack of trying by Moshiri but it's just not worked has it. There have been elements of bad luck involved and bad decisions. And the club has gone backwards since he arrived.

I do think he has tried though, he has provided funding when needed and brought in big name players and managers. I just think the landscape of the Premier league is very difficult and ffp is designed to keep the house in order and it has most certainly done exactly that.
I’m on the fence, he’s always fronted up when needed but has treated us like a hobby not a business. New stadium probably pushes me to be pleased, just stop him talking to agents.

Because he's a carpetbagger acting as a proxy for a gangster.

I think I've been more than proved correct on that haven't I?
Nothing to do with him firing Martinez then, that was the whole basis early on

He has been a disaster though, I think he just got carried away with the thrill of owning a club, had he got some serious football names in to run things and control spending we wouldn’t nearly have been critical

Because he's a carpetbagger acting as a proxy for a gangster.

I think I've been more than proved correct on that haven't I?
Haha gotta admit, you're close!

But let's face it, he's in this position with Usmanov because he's smart and of value.

There's still hope!

Nothing to do with him firing Martinez then, that was the whole basis early on

He has been a disaster though, I think he just got carried away with the thrill of owning a club, had he got some serious football names in to run things and control spending we wouldn’t nearly have been critical
One of the big reasons him and Usmanov were never able to push into Arsenal as much as they wanted was that they wanted to turn it into a hollywood style galactico club which is just not the Arsenal way. The Kia thing always gets me tbh, he is seriously bad news and there is a reason he is not allowed to operate as an official "agent" as such these days. I get that he is a fellow Iranian and obviously close to Moshiri but a lot clubs won't deal with him for a good reason, I hate the fact we have ended up being involved with him.