Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,264 92.2%

• Total voters
If its the players fault then its also the fault of whoever recruited them. The recruitment is the main issue and has been since Moyes left.

Moshiri didn’t recruit them though, did he?

We’ve had two DOF, who need to assess the situation and realise we’ve got huge holes in the squad like at RB, and we’ve got a Systemic problem, which has existed for over 20 years where the players don’t think they can win, a far cry from the Dogs of War under Royle.

Im not saying Moshiri isn’t blame free at all. But you cannot blame him for providing hundreds of millions and the players don’t give a flying toss. We brought in some and aside from the likes of Allan, Richarlison, there’s so few players who actually give a toss.

Whoever scouted him clearly wasn't watching very closely

They watched a Champions League showreel. Nothing more. When was the last time a signing from the Turkish leagues was a success?

Then we spend £28m on a forward to save us. But again, not the owners fault, he has to back his staff.

What people like him dont like is bad publicity. If the stadium fell through then he'd be open to, and defenceless against, a movement seeking to force him out. I'm sure his boss who uses him as a proxy wouldn't fancy the commotion.
I don’t think either of them would give a flying one to be fair Dave. I’m no fan of Moshiri’s, but, realistically, he will leave the club when he chooses to, not when we want him to. My hope, is that he builds the stadium, makes loads of money on property deals that he and his Uzbecki employer will undoubtedly have their fingers in, and sell the club, debt free and with a shiny new stadium.

Except there is plenty to suggest that Iwobi and Tosun were Moshiris picks

he's an Interfering Ian
This.
..."I can't understand it Smithers sorry, Marcel, When I was at Arsenal (6 yrs ago) Walcott and Iwobi looked really good...and I'm sure I saw that Tosun score some crackers when I was over in Monaco."
"Another thing - you swore to me that Klassens was by miles, the best player by in the Dutch League"
"And don't even get me started on how I let that that tulip munching gimp con me into spunked £110 M on Schneiderlin, Siggurson and Bolasie"

They watched a Champions League showreel. Nothing more. When was the last time a signing from the Turkish leagues was a success?

Then we spend £28m on a forward to save us. But again, not the owners fault, he has to back his staff.

The owner has to recruit his staff better. As the person who hires staff, he takes a lot of the responsibility for their performance. The fact he gave Brands a new three year contract still confuses the life out of me. What were the objectives which were met? What criteria did he pass?

There are no standards at this club, and we recruit in a totally incompetent manner. That goes right to the top with the board and owner.

I don’t think either of them would give a flying one to be fair Dave. I’m no fan of Moshiri’s, but, realistically, he will leave the club when he chooses to, not when we want him to. My hope, is that he builds the stadium, makes loads of money on property deals that he and his Uzbecki employer will undoubtedly have their fingers in, and sell the club, debt free and with a shiny new stadium.
No good to us if we have a terrible team and are in the bottom half or the Championship.

The owner has to recruit his staff better. As the person who hires staff, he takes a lot of the responsibility for their performance. The fact he gave Brands a new three year contract still confuses the life out of me. What were the objectives which were met? What criteria did he pass?

There are no standards at this club, and we recruit in a totally incompetent manner. That goes right to the top with the board and owner.

He has to recruit better.

But then, we were all excited weren't we, when we signed Walsh, fresh off Leicester winning the league, a man who'd unearthed Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, I couldn't see a reason why it wouldn't work. Turns out there was a lot more going on behind the scenes giving Walsh assistance.

As for Brands, again, excellent pedigree of bringing through younger players, and lesser known players and selling at a profit. Yet, he's done nothing of note so far, a catalogue of disastrous signings.

Our recruitment policy served us so well for years in the previous 10-15 years, which was buy players who had a high ceiling with low risk, Arteta, Cahill, Lescott, Pienaar, Jagielka all on the younger side, with chance to make a profit where we can. The system since has been abysmal. If we followed Moshiri's orders to sign the likes of Sigurdsson, then what's the point of a DOF?

It's bizarre to even suggest it, but we need to pull it down and get the recruitment right, and go back to basics, because your Schneiderlin's, Gomes' and Gbamin's of the world costing us £75m, can not ever be a sensible business model.

But then, we were all excited weren't we, when we signed Walsh, fresh off Leicester winning the league, a man who'd unearthed Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, I couldn't see a reason why it wouldn't work. Turns out there was a lot more going on behind the scenes giving Walsh assistance.

As for Brands, again, excellent pedigree of bringing through younger players, and lesser known players and selling at a profit. Yet, he's done nothing of note so far, a catalogue of disastrous signings.

Our recruitment policy served us so well for years in the previous 10-15 years, which was buy players who had a high ceiling with low risk, Arteta, Cahill, Lescott, Pienaar, Jagielka all on the younger side, with chance to make a profit where we can. The system since has been abysmal. If we followed Moshiri's orders to sign the likes of Sigurdsson, then what's the point of a DOF?

It's bizarre to even suggest it, but we need to pull it down and get the recruitment right, and go back to basics, because your Schneiderlin's, Gomes' and Gbamin's of the world costing us £75m, can not ever be a sensible business model.

My own personal opinion is that there has been various voices in terms of recruitment, and this has led to a jumbled up approach. There has been no consistency even to the mistakes we made, and that suggests lots of different people are involved.

Moshiri takes ultimate responsibility as the owner. The minute he said that fab 4 comment then the alarm bells started ringing. That was a completely baffling comment and all we needed to know about his knowledge of football.

Every team will make mistakes in the market, even Liverpool have and Leicester 2 teams everyone seems to think they don’t.

Leicester have spent over 500mil since winning the league, but have recouped 250 from sales. Gbamin has been unlucky, we will never know how he’d of done, had he stayed fit. Obviously signing players 27/28/29 then you can’t afford many mistakes, compared to signing a moise kean or a Richarlison.

Doucoure was 27 when we signed him and he’s now one of our most important players.

For me the DOF should oversee the whole club, from recruitment to the academy. Yet we have Unsworth being give them academy director job. That just doesn’t seem to be a brands appointment.

This season thankfully we’ve got rid of a lot of the older players in the 23’s and now playing a young group, who do seem to be playing slightly better football from the previous group.

But Unsworth has always come across to me watching his teams. As long ball, negative, defensive coach. I really thought Brands would have ripped up the academy by now. But it looks like he’s not allowed to do his job.

Brands being good enough himself, is another argument